• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb Lids for 20l

Becca

Members
I bought some at Drs. Foster & Smith a few months ago and remember that the pricing was pretty good.

I often use the egg crate stuff that goes in florescent light fixtures and the plastic "lense" sheeting that goes over it. Not the most attractive option, but you can cut both to fit and it keeps evaporation to a minimum.

Becca

Members
Hmmm good call at least until we set things up nice end pretty like next year.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I try to cut my eggcrate to fit the top exactly then do cut outs in the back for airline/filter/whatever and a larger one in the front that I can easily fit a python into. Get the thinner lense stuff, the thicker stuff curls at the edges and is MUCH harder to cut. I recommend cutting with a hot knife or hot scissors, it is very brittle. The eggcrate makes a great support and, with access holes, you can easily push the lense stuff back a bit or lift it up a bit to feed fish. It also lets plenty of light through. Place it smooth side down so if it gets slime algae on it it's easy to clean. I learned that the hard way.