• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Altolamprologus yellow calvus

thedavidzoo

Members
Any luck finding an adult male yellow calvus?

Both my adult females didn't survive my housesitter although all other fish did... Hmmm.

I'm therefore looking for adult females.

tparker

Members
Was that the calvus entered in 2011 ACA? How large did he ultimately get?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tparker

Members
Sorry to hear. But my hat off to you for keeping so long

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thedavidzoo

Members
Guarddog, sorry, I can't part with my old male "Grumpy".

I did pick up those 6 juvies at AM2 and they are starting to sort themselves out a little. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick out M/F.
So, sometime in the future :D I will have a surplus, if you are still interested then.
Hey, I wonder if anyone has ever done a "stud service" kind of thing, with fish, of course. Borrowing the opposite sex until the deed is done....Hmm

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have known of plenty of folks combining fish to make a pair then splitting the fry. I'll admit that most of them had large, angry New World cichlids where mates killing of one another is fairly common.

guarddog5

CCA Members
Guarddog, sorry, I can't part with my old male "Grumpy".

I did pick up those 6 juvies at AM2 and they are starting to sort themselves out a little. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick out M/F.
So, sometime in the future :D I will have a surplus, if you are still interested then.
Hey, I wonder if anyone has ever done a "stud service" kind of thing, with fish, of course. Borrowing the opposite sex until the deed is done....Hmm

I wasn't asking you to give up your male, I was asking if you would be interested in my female in a trade?

Jim

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thedavidzoo

Members
I know. I am hopeful I have some females in my juvies.

So I am no longer really looking for an adult F, esp. if it means getting rid of my adult male in the process. Kind of defeats the purpose of the adult pair thing...We'd just be trading our problems.