• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wild Caught Melanochromis Johanni Eastern ( Gome )

vinman

Members
I have a trio of Wild Caught Melanochromis Johanni Eastern from Gome for 18 ea ( 54 bucks ) I have extra females if needed at the same price . If you not buying the Trio and need just females I will also sell females for 20 ea They are between 3 to 4 inches long. I have had them for at least 2 months I will ship you pay shipping. Please call me with any questions or to make a appointment to view the fish for sale.

718 792 2593 from 10 AM to 11 PM, EST

turfboss

Members
vinny -

I am trying to get a picture of what I think is a Johanni (based on some recent discussions and pics on the forum) - whatever it is - it is a male - so my questions is - assuming I do have a Johanni how many females do I need - I see you are offering a trio so I am guessing that the proper match is for one male and two females?? - will see if I can get a pic up for you to look at - be back as soon as I find one or can get one taken.

vinman

Members
vinny -

I am trying to get a picture of what I think is a Johanni (based on some recent discussions and pics on the forum) - whatever it is - it is a male - so my questions is - assuming I do have a Johanni how many females do I need - I see you are offering a trio so I am guessing that the proper match is for one male and two females?? - will see if I can get a pic up for you to look at - be back as soon as I find one or can get one taken.

It is very hard to tell a Male Mel. maingano from Mel Jhonni in pictures. The maingano has more of a blue body color in person. For all you know you could have a cross between the 2.

The best advice I can give you is if your going to lay put the big bucks on wild caught females Why bother with a male of un known lineage. Your better off selling the male you have and buy a wild male. This way you know where your stock is comming from and will produce pure fish and F1 fry to boot. The male I'm selling is not fully colored up yet. I have no Idea how he will look once he fully colors up. A trio is fine, the more females the better . This way your male has more females to chase I hope this infomation helps you out in making a good decision. Feel free to call my home if you like to talk futher 718 792 2593

Here is a video show some Johanni from gome it found on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXA_dEy74kc

vinman

Members
It all depends what size tank they are in and how many fish are in that tank and what kind of set up, the more rock work the better

vinman

Members
No the eye was messed up, it cured but damaged. It is fine besides having one stink eye. That is what I call it when the eye cures after a infection or wound and the gold circle is smaller that it used to be. Still good for a breeder