• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big pikes

dogofwar

CCA Members
Will do, although my photography skills are horrible

I've got them in a divided 2'x2'x1' tank with a bunch of cover presently. They're going into a 75g with some other big Uruguayan fish eventually.

They're really nice fish and am honored to have them. They're truly a holy grail fish...

Can't thank Pete and Antoinette enough for donating them to the club!

Matt

F8LBITE

Members
That's awesome man. I'm so mad I missed the talk. I was stuck on 495 for two and a half hours due to an accident.

Jt731

Members
How to take fantastic pictures of fish:
1. If you don't have a good camera, rent or borrow one (alternatively buy a model or two older and buy used from a good source)
2. Find someone with a macro lens that will let borrow it. (Alternatively, borrow them)
3. Take an obscene number of pictures
4. Find someone with a photo editor to fix up your deficiencies (color, framing)

There have been winners of the photo contest who won with an iPhone shot. The key is to find something about your subject that you find interesting and try to get a picture of that.

blkmjk

Members
What kind of pikes??? I am recently enamored by a large variety of them. Holy grail of pikes ??? Zebrina?

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
Crenicichla celidochilus (http://www.cichlidae.com/species.php?id=705).

You can order C. zebrina... you've got to collect Ceilos yourself... or know someone who did (and is willing to sell them).

In a couple of days of collecting at Jesus's ranch, a group of 10 or 12 of us only caught 11 Ceilos (the target fish for half of the group). And none were full grown beauties like these.

Matt

C. tendybaguassu (http://www.cichlidae.com/species.php?id=751) is probably rarer / harder to find, but nowhere near as pretty.

What kind of pikes??? I am recently enamored by a large variety of them. Holy grail of pikes ??? Zebrina?

Drew