• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Member Introduction

MonAndrew77

Members
Fish Pals,

I'm Andrew and I live in Northern Virginia near Leesburg. Used to work in a pet shop back in the '80's in high school and had numerous tanks with two 55's being the largest. Mostly africans and angels and such. As time went by, the tanks slowly "didn't get set back up" after various life changes like getting married, moving and so forth. Eight years ago we broke down the last tanks.....a 27hex community and a 20XH angels. So, we said "when we get another tank someday, it's going to be a 150 and that's gonna be the 'only tank we'll have.'"

Dreamed of having a large discus tank when I used to hang out in my room with my 29g cichlid tank, listening to Duran Duran and reading Tropical Fish Hobbyist!

Well, this year's the year. And to make a long story short, I had a 175 gallon 72x16x31 tank built by glass cages and I put it on a great cabinet stand I found on craigslist. I also have 50 gallons of treatment tanks in the next room which can pump into the display tank, a 20g spawning tank (sharing water with the display tank) and a 20g independent quarantine tank.

It's cycled and has twelve Columbian Tetras, three Corys, two L127 Plecos and two 4" Stendker discus: a Brilliant and a Cobalt. All are doing OK, but I've actually decided to hold off on Discus until next summer with my upcoming work commitments. (These two are for sale on another post.) I'm going to stick with angels and gouramis and tetras and so forth for this school year.

We went to the March event over in MD and I met some nice folks from GWAPA and the other clubs. I'm looking forward to getting to know more folks and I'd like to go to some local events and see some awesome fish and meet some fish friends. Planning on coming to the next fish event in October.

Cheers!

Andrew in Northern Virginia

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1aiy1b034uowhe/DSC_2620.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dawnqzoq6t3e59b/DSC_2840.JPG

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I missed this thread the first time around, but a belated welcome to you. :)

turfboss

Members
Welcome Andrew -

Hope to see you at the next CCA meeting - lots of us also belong to PVAS (Fairfax) as well as GWAPA and many also belong to CAKC - the Chesapeake Area Killie Club - sounds like you already have MTS so you might be interested in the other club meetings as well -