• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Super Red tiger Motaguensis For sale

SpacejamsPR

Members
I have like 40 left around the 2 inch these Are high quality fry Rio copan not Rio blanco , and this line was by my good friend in 06 when they first brought rtms wont find many rio copans 5$ a piece which is super cheap

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1422643899.118934.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
This has been discussed many times before, but - according to Ken Davis, who collected them - Rio Copan is a tributary to Rio Blanco, so both varieties are the same fish.

They just collected in the smaller tributary (connected to the larger river) less than a mile upstream for ease of collecting... and not because the wild fish populations are different in any way.

Matt

SpacejamsPR

Members
This has been discussed many times before, but - according to Ken Davis, who collected them - Rio Copan is a tributary to Rio Blanco, so both varieties are the same fish.

They just collected in the smaller tributary (connected to the larger river) less than a mile upstream for ease of collecting... and not because the wild fish populations are different in any way.

Matt

Than bro explain the difference wanna hear that

SpacejamsPR

Members

Matt

Show me a male like mine

dogofwar

CCA Members
There is no difference. That's the point.

The fish in the Rio Copan and the Rio Blanco are free to interbreed (and I'm sure they do). That Ken and the other folks who collected them labeled the fish from one collecting expedition "Rio Copan" and the other "Rio Blanco" doesn't mean that they're different fish...just that they collected one time from one place and the other time at a spot just up the river.

God only knows what line breeding and whatever has been done with them since, but the wild populations are the same fish.

Matt

Than bro explain the difference wanna hear that

SpacejamsPR

Members
There is no difference. That's the point.

The fish in the Rio Copan and the Rio Blanco are free to interbreed (and I'm sure they do). That Ken and the other folks who collected them labeled the fish from one collecting expedition "Rio Copan" and the other "Rio Blanco" doesn't mean that they're different fish...just that they collected one time from one place and the other time at a spot just up the river.

God only knows what line breeding and whatever has been done with them since, but the wild populations are the same fish.

Matt

I mean they are the same fish but mostly all rivers are connected just like dovii there the nic and costta rica and the gold dovii and now the red dovii all habe different shape and colors just like rtms blanco and copan the copan i seenlook like my male the blanco i seen dont look anything alike like mine tbey are more slim and are more yellow and dont really have the long trailers i had blancos before i did not like :) just saying bro

dogofwar

CCA Members
Absolutely - nice fish!

It just astounds me that people - and the OP in particular - keep trying to create two different kinds of fish out of one.

"It's real simple, we collect in the Rio Blanco because it's a smaller tributery to the Copan and easier to collect, The Rio Blanco's in the hobby came from a location about a mile from where the Blanco runs into the Copan, so basically they are all the same fish. All the fish from the Blanco and Copan came from 4 collecting trips we made from 2006-2009. Ken"

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...opan-Vs-Rio-Blanco-Red-Tiger-Motaguense/page3

Ken is the guy who went on all 4 collecting trips, caught them and brought them into the hobby. I think he would know...

What's happened to the fish fish after 8 or 9 years of captive breeding? Who knows.

I'd assume that the OP will continue to sell his as "high quality fry Rio copan not Rio blanco" or whatever. Now you know why that makes no sense :)

Matt

Does it really matter? Still beautiful fish... IMO

SpacejamsPR

Members
Well bro than explain why everyone comes to my house saids i never seen a rtm that looks like that, when my bud got them in 06 the different between copan and blanco comes in many ways how about you , get a blanco and copan and see if the look aline shape colors lateral line iwasnever a fan of rtms i think their ugly and still are but i only like copans i seen wild caught copans and blanco and bro they look totally different whydo the copan some guy i know has look more similar to my rtm but when is a blanco they look different they are the same fish but they look different

dogofwar

CCA Members
What more is there to say?

"It's real simple, we collect in the Rio Blanco because it's a smaller tributery to the Copan and easier to collect, The Rio Blanco's in the hobby came from a location about a mile from where the Blanco runs into the Copan, so basically they are all the same fish. All the fish from the Blanco and Copan came from 4 collecting trips we made from 2006-2009. Ken"

Matt

Well bro than explain why everyone comes to my house saids i never seen a rtm that looks like that, when my bud got them in 06 the different between copan and blanco comes in many ways how about you , get a blanco and copan and see if the look aline shape colors lateral line iwasnever a fan of rtms i think their ugly and still are but i only like copans i seen wild caught copans and blanco and bro they look totally different whydo the copan some guy i know has look more similar to my rtm but when is a blanco they look different they are the same fish but they look different

Shawnc

Members
Juan, are you going to the PVAS meeting next Saturday 2/7 ?

I am interested in 8 of the Motaguensis juvies. I live in Virginia so I am available to pickup on any weekend if that works for you.

Thanks,
Shawn

SpacejamsPR

Members
What more is there to say?

Matt

They dont look alike bro really dont