• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

February Pre Order

JLW

CCA Members
News from the Batfish Cave!
Expanding and Growing!
Hey Folks,

As some of you may have witnessed on Facebook, we have recently relocated into a newer, larger facility. Many of our tanks and systems are currently in standby, as we're building some new racks and redesigning things a bit. For instance, one of the things that has driven me crazy for three years now is that we originally built several racks to hold tanks just above the floor. This made the fish hard to see, made water changes time-consuming, and was really seldom any fun. Our new racks will lift all of these tanks up to eye-level, and create space for additional dry-goods, such as driftwood, rock, and so on, beneath! We're also expanding our flow through systems, and creating a new, much larger in-house breeding system.

All of this will take some time, and in the meanwhile, the Batfish will be very, very busy with a number of large shows in the region. You can find Batfish next at the Raleigh Aquarium Society's Thirtieth Anniversary Spring Workshop, in Raleigh, NC, between the 13th and 15th of February. Just a two weeks later (and a lot closer to home), we'll also be joining our fish-family at the Capital Cichlid Association's AquaMania III, The Bigger Fish Deal, in Gaithersburg, MD, and of course, at the PVAS meeting coming up next week in Fairfax, VA.

We've managed to put together what is probably the biggest pre order list of all time, and we'll have an even bigger one for AquaMania 3. To view the PRE ORDER LIST, visit: http://www.batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php. There's only about a week on this PRE ORDER LIST, so get in on it now, and I'll see you all in February!

spazmattik

Members
Glad things are on the up josh.

Wow this list is nice. I will have to put together my own list tonight of what i want!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Jooooosh! my no alto lamp compressiceps Shellie's?

Glad to see you've set up all the tanks....You have right? There's isn't like, six billion more in the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
There's still six billion in the garage. I was looking out the window after the snowstorm, and there's a set of foot prints walking along the side of the house (not mine). They walk about a two steps past the garage window, then turn and walk right up to the window.

Someone walked by, saw, did a double take "WOAH!" and peeked in my garage window. :-D

We just added a whole bunch of new fish to the PRE ORDER LISTS.

http://www.batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php

Only got until TUESDAY 02/03/15!!!

Becareful with people walking around your house like that.. Might be a good idea to tint the garage windows or cover them at least. And +1 on plecos my Mango Pleco (Fred) needs a mate, got him from Josh about a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ddavila06

Members
There's still six billion in the garage. I was looking out the window after the snowstorm, and there's a set of foot prints walking along the side of the house (not mine). They walk about a two steps past the garage window, then turn and walk right up to the window.

Someone walked by, saw, did a double take "WOAH!" and peeked in my garage window. :-D
!!

how do you always end up with the most bizarre situations..WTH!!! time to get alarm system in place,..and insurance for the place?? before you get robbed, or something else i guess..

JLW

CCA Members
That's what I figured; there's parkland behind the house, and I figured it was someone cutting through who just glanced in and was taken aback. :)

+1 on covering the window, though!