• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What would you do with two 52gal corner tanks?

Spine

Members
I have two oceanic 52gal corner tanks that I'm trying to decide on how to set them up.

I've thought about doing one saltwater and the other fresh. Maybe planting them and using them as bookends for a couch. Nothing seems to stand out right now,any ideas, what would you do?

Spine

Members
Sounds good. I'm currently trying to find out if any tempered glass is used on these tanks because I would like to drill them.

Termato

Board of Directors
I'd make one into a fully planted amazon tank. All natural. The other I would make glass sculpture with some plants. More artistic and not as natural.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
52 gallons isn't really big enough for any large, central American cichlids, so I'd go planted on at least one with a big school of colorful tetras and some smaller south American cichlids. I like the bookend idea, maybe do both planted?

dhavalsp

Members
Are these the corner ones with curved front glass (arc)? or hexagon/pentagon version?

I would do one amazon setup, make it reddish/orange look, either with tannins in the water or orange background itself ( I know I am getting too modern artsy by orange background all, I felt rebellious even while writing it..:))

the second one could be a classic salt water ...blue background, bright light, beautiful fish...don't know much about reef tanks, no experience at all...but I think the contrast would look great...

Put them on same wall...

dogofwar

CCA Members
If it were in a living room type situation, I'd do two groups of brightly colored mbuna and nice rockscapes.

Matt

Spine

Members
I like the amazon idea. I think bookends might look nice. Two stills would definitely generate some serious cash! I hear moonshine is going for 50- 60 bucks a gallon and the metro area is a big market...ummmm

Aqua410

Members
I would probably do them as a south american tank with long thin peaces of drift wood like manzanita going all the way up to the surface to create the underwater root labyrinth look and do small/medium fish like rainbow cichlids, blue acara, bandit cichlids, and similar medium body fish with lots of spunk.

Spine

Members
I would probably do them as a south american tank with long thin peaces of drift wood like manzanita going all the way up to the surface to create the underwater root labyrinth look and do small/medium fish like rainbow cichlids, blue acara, bandit cichlids, and similar medium body fish with lots of spunk.
I think this is the best idea so far. I'm also into the dwarf blue eye rainbows (Puedomungul etc)