• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New tanks finally came

Jt731

Members
Two acrylic 55 gallons. Now to get to work so I can get all my fish and plants out of their temp tanks

image.jpg

Forester

Members
Matching stands too. They look great. Can't wait to see fish in them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I finally got an acrylic tank several months ago and I really like it. Wish I could afford to go all acrylic on my big tanks...

Jt731

Members
Seaclear and purchased through fish tanks direct. Once I had decided to go low iron the cost to go to acrylic was neglible. And after moving 12 tanks I was loving how light it was.

I looked at glass cages and saw some pretty negative reviews and some bad customer experiences. I also looked at the guy in PA and thought I could get these tanks faster (probably couldn't), but I pulled the trigger before confirming. Fish tanks called me a few times to keep me appraised of the order and no problem changing the delivery address since I had already moved.

Jt731

Members
This entire process has been a frustrating disaster.

I moved my plants from the old tank to one, including an Anubis over a foot in diameter and they all melted.

I ordered white pool sand from in the swim and they sent me something else, insisted it was the right thing, and finally after a few more back and forth admitted it was wrong.

Today, I got my order of slate for the aquarium, having ordered 2 lots of 7-14 rocks. I opened the box to a single 48 pound slab and 4 small rocks.

So um, no pictures yet.

Aqua410

Members
Sorry to hear that your plants melted I know that's frustrating. It's gonna be worth it thought those two tanks look killer and once completed will be awesome.

Termato

Board of Directors
including an Anubis over a foot in diameter and they all melted.

This is just heart breaking. If you are going to be at BFD, I can trim and bring some Anubias nana for you for free. Just let me know.

I hope things starting looking brighter from here on out. Good luck!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just go to the landscape store and pick out the slate (or other rocks) that you like...

Or take a hammer to the big one.

Matt

FishEggs

some destruction required.
Must not have gotten it from Ikea. otherwise it would be some assembly required.
It's not a hard stone to break and you can make it the size and shape you need. Silver lining?

FishEggs

If you want to, you could bring it up here and i can give you a hand with it. I have chisels, mauls, cutting wheels and hammer drills to use.

Termato

Board of Directors
If you want to, you could bring it up here and i can give you a hand with it. I have chisels, mauls, cutting wheels and hammer drills to use.

:( You guys get to have all the fun...that sounds like utopia for working on that rock.

hahah have fun! :)