• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

JUNE MEETING: PRE ORDERS

JLW

CCA Members
Hey gang,

I just put together an awesome new pre order list for the JUNE MEETING. It's available at:

http://batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php.

A couple of highlights on it. First and foremost, people have really liked the whole "discount if you pay in full" thing, and I'm going to keep doing it, especially as incentive to come to the meetings. So, if you pick up the fish at the meeting, you can subtract 10% from the total and pay that amount in full. (Or, if you prefer to just make a 50% deposit and pay the remaining 50% at the meeting, that's fine). So, if you order $50 worth of fish, you can either pay $25 now and $25 when you pick up the fish, or you can pay $45 and be done. :eek:Ofish:

Now, some great new fish on this list.

The Bandit Fish, Acarichthys geayi, is back in stock. This is an unusual fish that looks kind of like a hybrid between a ram and a geophagus. It's small, reasonably peaceful, and a seriously cool fish that is virtually extinct in the wild. This is a CARES species, and they're fairly easy to breed. So, get your CARES points going.

If you heard Les Wilson talk about "glofish" as the "gateway" fish for a lot of hobbyists, you may have gotten excited for these fishes. I've had a couple of people ask me about them, and I've decided to put them on the list.

There are some very, very cool larger catfishes if you've got the tank to house them. If you're looking for a more reasonable but seriously cool catfish, check out the Mouse Catfishes. Seriously, just google their scientific name: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hemidoras+stenopeltis. These are an adorable, shoaling catfish.

There are also some very cool gobies on the list, down toward the bottom, and I've added a lot of plants, as well.

JLW

CCA Members
Hrm, I guess this comment didn't appear but if you haven't noticed, I put a second pre order list up, too.

Matt, there's only one cure for temptation.

Give in to it.