• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A One Year Cycle Of Trophs

It was a little over a year ago that I got my group of juvy Tropheus Red from Daniel. What a quick reproduction cycle. In less than a year, they went from juvy, to young adult, to new juvy. In one year, I have the same size fish swimming around in the tank as I had when I got the original group. Yep, in only one year, kids became parents of kids of the same age. Pretty darn cool. :cool: :048: :animal0028:
Here is a shot taken in November 2006 of one of the juvies...
TropheusRedJuvi1a111206.jpg

And here is a shot taken a couple weeks ago of one from same group...
22aTropheusRed120407.jpg

And here is a shot of one of the offspring of the original group taken tonight...
23aTropheusRed122307.jpg

DeeCee

Members
LOL, makes me glad humans don't reproduce so quickly. Imagine what it would be like to do THAT kind of Christmas shopping for the grandkids!

marge618

CCA member
It was a little over a year ago that I got my group of juvy Tropheus Red from Daniel. What a quick reproduction cycle. In less than a year, they went from juvy, to young adult, to new juvy. In one year, I have the same size fish swimming around in the tank as I had when I got the original group. Yep, in only one year, kids became parents of kids of the same age. Pretty darn cool. :cool: :048: :animal0028:
[/img]

I really like this series of pics! A mini version of my dream Wii 'raising tropical fish' game.

animicrazy

Members
OK, let me get some O2; I have a 75 with ~48 of the buggers - math computation - brain freeze - red wine - back to "normal":

in a year I should have HUNDREDS of the red things!! YIKERS!!!

Time to get some more Nimbachromis Venustuses.

P.

longstocking

Members
Very nice Bobby !

How many do you have in the group? And what are you current tank mates... I think this had changed a couple times?

Paul lost me right off the bat with "02". :confused0007:

Sarah, same tank mates for quite a while now. Beside the original 19 tropheus reds and the umteen juvies, I have the the four young adult cyprichromis leptosoma and two of their juvies, the three cyp. micro juvies, three L. Stappersii, and four L. Brevis. Oh, and the wc goby I got from you. All in a five foot 120g tank.

Btw, three female trophs currently holding. And one of the cyps too (you may have seen the pic I posted recently). And a brood of L. Stappersii hiding in a shell.

Truly a very fertile tank. :love0001: