• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fantasy Hockey anyone?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Just wondering if there is any interest in a CCAFHL? Surely we've got enough hockey fans to get a league up...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'd be interested. My knowledge drops off once you get out of the eastern conference, but I'm game to play for bragging rights.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

O.K., talked to Joel today and conned him into being the Commissioner for a CCA Fantasy Hockey League. We need a minimum of 8 players, as of now we have 4 players and I'm going to nominate Richard for a team, it just wouldn't be a CCA league without him. If you haven't tried fantasy sports it's a lot of fun, especially when it's a league made up of friends. Can't speak for Richard but so far everyone else (myself included) has admitted that they don't keep up with Hockey all that much so don't be intimidated... We're doing this for the fun of it and I guarantee you at the end of the season you'll know quite a bit more about the NHL, it's teams, and the players. It'll be fun, don't miss out. CCA Members get first dibbs ;)

Here's who's in so far, feel free to add your name to the list.

1. Joel (mrkillie)
2. Mike (Rift_Lakes_Rule)
3. Jon (jonclark96)
4. Michael (discusnafricans) per our yahoo chat discussion ;)
5. Richard (SubMariner) join OR ELSE!!! ;)

mrkillie

Members
Here's the link:
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/92151

League is set up - I used basicly the default settings except I added short-handed points because I think they are cool and a sign of how good players really are. And I expanded the squads a little, because injuries are big in hockey.

The league ID is 92151
The league name is Capital Cichlid League (what else?)
and the password is...."ACA2011"

I'm in. Richard - your football team stinks! See if you can do better here! :p

As you will all see by my team name, I am not as confident in my hockey knowledge as I am of my football smarts!

Technically we only need 4 teams to play, but that's BORING!!! Let's get at least 8, and hopefully fill out the league at 12!

Draft is set at Tuesday Oct 19 at 8:00. We can change it if necessary. Our league will start the following week on Monday October 25.

Joel

PS-While I'm at it, anyone want Fantasy Basketball?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

I'm in!!! The link didn't work, said I couldn't view cuz I wasn't in that league. I went here to join a custom league http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb= Just enter the league ID and Password, create your team and your in.

I'm down for Basketball too, definitely not my game but I'll be an active owner if nothing else ;) I don't think I've ever watched a Basketball from start to finish... oh yeah back when the Razorbacks were good and might have watched THE Ohio State a time or two. ;)

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, you guys.
I guess its time for another sub forum. LOL
we just cant have the hockey league under the NFL heading can we?

I will get to later tonight or tomorrow.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
In like Flint Mikey and Joel!!!

Watch out the Young Guns are coming Brother! My football team might smell like a stink bug, but my hockey team is gonna ROCK! Please pick autodraft Joel...LOL!

I wont be near a computer tonight for the draft so I guess Auto Draft would be Kosher;)

mrkillie

Members
In like Flint Mikey and Joel!!!

Watch out the Young Guns are coming Brother! My football team might smell like a stink bug, but my hockey team is gonna ROCK! Please pick autodraft Joel...LOL!

I wont be near a computer tonight for the draft so I guess Auto Draft would be Kosher;)

Draft is next Tuesday buddy!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm in. I'll limit my smack talk for now because I only recently started following hockey, but watch out for the Mother Puckers.