• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aqueon Moduler LED 30"

skanda

Members
Has anyone used these LEDs for a planted tank? What is your experince? IS it adequate for low light plant growth? HOw many bulbs do you recommend I use? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

mchambers

Former CCA member
I just bought an Aqueon Modular LED 36" at last week's PVAS auction. Haven't put it on a tank, but I went ahead and ordered two additional LED inserts for it, so I'll be running three. From what I've read, it should be fine with low light plants, and maybe even medium light plants.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Do the inserts go into pre-set slots, or can they be placed anywhere along the fixture? I'd like to get a light where I can concentrate the output on one section of the tank and keep the other side darker.

Blaise

The lights have to go into the slots, if I remember correctly from what I've got at home.

The light is just ok, in terms of growing plants. Low light plants should be fine, but that's about it. Based on my eye test alone, it's probably equivalent in light output to the Marineland LED double strip.

The positive feature about it is the ability to switch out light strips to create different light effects and that if the lights burn out, you can just replace the strips at a reasonable cost.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yup

Do the inserts go into pre-set slots, or can they be placed anywhere along the fixture? I'd like to get a light where I can concentrate the output on one section of the tank and keep the other side darker.

Blaise
I think there is a brand that provides for this, but it's not Aqueon. Maybe Aquatic Life?