• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The April Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Building a High Tech, Low Cost Fish Room: This program looks at building a fish room from the ground up. In many fish rooms, time and fish health are important issues. This step-by-step design to building a modern fish room will give anyone the ability to spend more time working with there fish rather than maintaining the aquariums.[/list]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurt @ Mar 28 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does this mean they will be Monster Wings????????

I really am not right.... :wacko:

Thanks M.A.N.
[/b]

LOL!!! Hey Kurt you have time until the meeting to get right!

Thanx M.A.N for the wings.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well my usual reminder email went out this morning.
Here is a copy for those that are not yet members.....Why are you not a member.....?
LOL

<div align=\'center\'>Hello CCA Members and Friends,</div>

<div align=\'center\'>The next meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association is April 12th at 2pm.</div>
<div align=\'center\'>That is only 2 weeks away.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>This months subject is "Building a High Tech - Low Cost fish room buy </div>
<div align=\'center\'>Dan Woodland. Dan is a member of the Ohio Cichlid Association and has held numerous positions in that club. He travels annually to Central and South America on collecting trips. He has written articles on his adventures, breeding cichlids, and other aquatic interests appearing in Cichlid News, Aquarium Fish Magazine, Tropical Fish Hobbyist, and the American Cichlid Association's Buntbarsche Bulletin. Dan is flying in just to talk to you at this month's meeting. Don't miss out.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>Last month we had such a great turn out that we ran out of wings before the speaker started. I had purchased 200 of them. Well this month I hope you guys show up in force because I am bringing 300 wings thanks to the sponsorship of http://www.monsteraquarianetwork.com/</div><div align=\'center\'> </div>
<div align=\'center\'>You got it the MONSTERAQUARIANETWORK is sponsoring the wings this month for your CCA meeting. So come out and support your club and have fun at the same time.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>The raffle will have the usual grab bags and a filter along with a couple new items I received this month. A gift certificate from Doctor Fosters and an Ad Konings book.</div>
<div align=\'center\'>Amount and title will be given at the meeting.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>The mini auction will feature fish that you bring along with a manufacture's donation that I received, a 24" compact fluorescent hood. Here you go, fellow plant lovers, this is your chance to pick one up, at an auction price. I do not have a brand name on it so it will be up for display before the auction.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>Speaking of donations, remember to support the companies who's products you see at our meetings. These companies support us so please support them.</div>
<div align=\'center\'>And don't forget our supporting stores and online retailers. All of these companies help us provide you with good speakers and subjects by donating their products.</div>
<div align=\'center\'>You can find our list of stores, online-retailers and manufactures on the web site at:</div>
<div align=\'center\'>http://capitalcichlids.org/links_sponsors.html</div>
<div align=\'center\'>This list is always changing so check it out.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>Make sure you mark the 12th on your calendar and we will see you there.</div>

<div align=\'center\'>Pat Kelly</div>
<div align=\'center\'>
</div>

animicrazy

Members
Gee - SUBmariner - swim with the crowd or what!!????

If you'll entice your wife (you lucky S.O B.) to cook her version of Lasagna AND come to the meeting WITH your 'fishey daughter', I will challenge with MY Lasagna - You Will All Droool!!!

T.M.S.

What? - Not up to the challenge??!!?? - GO FIGURE!!!!! :D

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 31 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gee - SUBmariner - swim with the crowd or what!!????

If you'll entice your wife (you lucky S.O B.) to cook her version of Lasagna AND come to the meeting WITH your 'fishey daughter', I will challenge with MY Lasagna - You Will All Droool!!!

T.M.S.

What? - Not up to the challenge??!!?? - DUDE, YOU LOST ME AT HELLO!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well the speaker has arrived and like I said in another post has some
wild pairs of apistos and some plants with him.
Wings are ordered
See you at 2

Pat

F8LBITE

Members
Wish I could come meet you guys and gals but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow. have fun and take pics!

maddog10

Members
WOW!!!

Another GREAT meeting! I learn something new at every meeting.

Thanks Dan, for making all of us want to install an automatic water changing system. It is truly easier than I thought it would be (now to figure out how to get the water to drain out of my fish room).

Hopefully, the people in attendance were able to watch the videos/slide show that Dan played behind Pat during the auction, some amazing images.

Thanks again to Dan and to all those that came out to make this a WONDERFUL meeting.

(I still can't believe that my good friend Francine, chose THAT picture for the Biotope - well on my way to being INFAMOUS)

animicrazy

Members
Indeed a great meeting!!

Thanks to Dan Woodland for sharing his methods for fish room set up - very pertinent for me as I plan and work on mine. I took three pages of notes and will incorporate many of his ideas into my set up.

Thanks also to the club leadership for bringing in quality speakers and all of the stuff they do that we members don't see but take a lot of hard work and time.

Paul.