• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who's a fish 'geek'?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Very funny, Sam! Unfortunately, I am not a fish geek. I guess I will have to work harder to be one. :)

# 21) Engages in denial despite central positioning and preponderance of fish tanks in home.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I guess I'm not a geek because all of my tanks are secreted in a room in the basement...although one can hear bubbling / humming through the floor.

Matt
Geek and proud of it. ;) As I sit here in a Tangled Up In Cichlids T-Shirt (I even left the house in it).

PS You're a fish geek if you're envious of the fact that I'm wearing a Tangled Up In Cichlids T-Shirt...or even know what Tangled Up In Cichlids is.

# 21) Engages in denial despite central positioning and preponderance of fish tanks in home.

ddavila06

Members
we are all so geeks ! the moment we set up more than one tank, became member of multiple forums online and just the fact that when we get together we talk about fish makes all of us such geeks!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
After further reflection, I find that out of the original 20 points that you posted, I have a yes next to 12 of them.

How sad.

Talk about sad, I have one drawer in my dresser just for fish t-shirts.
I also have 1/4 of the closet in the next room filled with fish club shirts.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
After further reflection, I find that out of the original 20 points that you posted, I have a yes next to 12 of them.

How sad.

:D

marge618

CCA member
:pound::sign0191::sign0173:

I really find #17 hits home. How many times have I gone into someones house and thought. 'The door is wide enough for large tanks, a huge tank would look nice on that wall (I wonder which way the floor joists run.)

Add-ons
-Talks about fish and aquatic plants clubs to strangers in grocery stores.
-Visits local fish stores to find prospective members for fish clubs.
-If single, includes fish and fish clubs in conversation to determine who might be interested (in the fish..)

Plenipotentiary-at-large

How sad.

Sad? Not at all. To have found one's calling in life is never cause for melancholy, and at such a tender age no less. Revel Sir, exult even, and hang your head before no man (or woman).
:D

marge618

CCA member
I really find #17 hits home. How many times have I gone into someones house and thought. 'The door is wide enough for large tanks, a huge tank would look nice on that wall (I wonder which way the floor joists run.)

Add-ons
-Talks about fish and aquatic plants clubs to strangers in grocery stores.
-Visits local fish stores to find prospective members for fish clubs.
-If single, includes fish and fish clubs in conversation to determine who might be interested (in the fish..)

Add
-checks out fish clubs for recommendations for good fish stores to visit while traveling. (I am going to Minneapolis Minn soon. Anyone have fish stores in Minn to recommend?)

maddog10

Members
I apparently only have one tank and it has Lethrinops in it. Those were the only fish anyone saw at my house. :)

You are a fish geek if you have ever been to a New Year's Eve party (or any party for that matter) where someone opens up an Axelrod's Atlas (or Burgess's Marine Atlas) and people start shouting out the scientific names of the fish (correctly)!

I have. Twice.

Andy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You are a fish geek if you have ever been to a New Year's Eve party (or any party for that matter) where someone opens up an Axelrod's Atlas (or Burgess's Marine Atlas) and people start shouting out the scientific names of the fish (correctly)!

I have. Twice.

Andy

Leaves me out. I cant even pronounce the fish I keep.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Fish geeks

You are a fish geek if your principal focus when a storm system comes through the area is whether it will trigger breeding by any of your fish.