• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brightwell Media Review

chriscoli

Administrator
So, I was recently provided with some of Brightwell's Xport media to try. I have had a horrible problem keeping my 100 gallon tank looking good. Admittedly, it's where many fish get put while I get another tank setup for them so it's often overstocked with a mish-mash of fish. It also has a lot of wood-eaters in it.

The tank has gone through periodic bacterial blooms. I've tried various different filtration types on it.....mattenfilters in the corners, a dump filter on top where I change the floss every other day, canister filters, HOBs. It always looks horrible.

So, I decided to go all-out and give a canister filter another try. I pulled the plants out of the tank (since I was going to deprive the tank of a lot of nutrients) and packed my Cobalt EXT canister with Xport-Bio, Xport-NO3, and Xport-PO4 (in that order). I've had it running about a month and I have to say....the tank looks crystal clear. The best it's EVER looked.

I'll get out my chemical testing kit soon and see what the actual values are.