• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beer for the picnic

What type of beer floats your boat?

• Domestic

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Foreign

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Dark

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Light

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Fruity

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Beer? Thats not strong enough.

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ok, so there are 100s of brands of beer out there, so I can't poll what you exactly want, but I figured it couldn't hurt to see what types people like. I'm cheap and easy (not Beast ice cheap) but Miller light is my go to. What's your preference?

You can choose more than one. Feel free to reply on specific types in the thread.

Last edited:

YSS

Members
I also voted dark, but my favorite kind is IPA. Black and Tan made out of Bass and Guiness is the best.

Cartel

Members
Irish car bombs.....

I voted Dark as well. My favorite beer for some reason is Michelob Ultra Amber and Fat Tirea good. If I'm being cheap Bud light is a go. And if I'm not in a beer mood captain and coke is my weapon of choice! Then again who am I kidding I'll drink anything...

Spine

Members
I'm a domestic guy in general. MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) is my go to beer.My taste can change based on what I'm doing,if I'm eating pizza I like Mikey's Big mouth or Private stock. When I'm vacationing on the islands I like Corona or Caribe. You have to be more careful when you're out in the sun,lol. On the island that I go to Heineken is bottled there and the alcohol content is like 5. something,you drink a couple of those thinking it like the stuff we get here combined with sun and 80plus degree heat and you'll be knocked on your butt quick! I like Killian's Irish Red also, it's funny how so many beers have a label that looks and sounds like it's imported along with a imported price,but most of them are really domestic brewed.

Jumbie

Members
I like beer bottom line :happy0180: but that fruty stuff....ewwwwww :sick0006:!!!! I try all kinds of different beers; I even joined the beer club at Rams Head Tavern. I was planning on brining the good old reliable Heineken and a few others that some people may or may not know about!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Has anyone had Lions Head? Its brewed in Scranton or Wilkes-Barrie but they don't ship it to the Eastern Shore. I bought it on a whim after returning from hunting in NY back in November and I'm hooked. The best part is its relatively cheap! When wifey and I go on trips, I plan time for stops at the beer store. :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
My three most commonly consumed beers (in no particular order):

-Miller Light: Super easy to drink; everyone likes it so I keep it around.
-Yuengling: A little bit more fun than Miller Light and holy cow... the same price!
-Mixed 12 pack of Flying Dog: Their hoppy stuff rules and even their "plain" stuff (lagers, etc) still has mucho flavor.

When I'm feeling fancy, I get 22s of anything from Rogue Brewery or Stone Brewery (Arrogant Bastage FTW!).

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I am old and foolish. I do not deny it. This is a group that livens my soul. I helped start this great club. I do not know where all these enthusiastic, terrific young people found out about our club. Beer is currently brewing in my basement. I love beer. A bunch of guys and GOOD LOOKING girls like we have here cannot possibly tell good beer from bad beer after two. Sorry folks, it is pretty much a fact. Bring two of the beers you love best and then we shall all get a little crazy.

Now lets back up a bit. Just because we are getting crazy does not mean we have to drink bad beer after that. I did not say that. Blatz is awful even if you are blitzed. Miller Light is going to taste like water to most folks even if they have had a six pack. My point is not to spend a fortune on the best beer you can find. I like to get a six of good stuff like some Sam or German and then a twelve of Miller or Bud. Who is going to tell me that at the end of the night when they want a last brew they wouldn't do a Natural Light?

I know I am amongst friends. You get my drift. A six of something that costs 7 or 8 bucks and for the rest something cheaper will do.

Now that we have settled the beer, I hope nobody is going to bring cheap US cigars.

George

Last edited:

Andrew

Members
I like my beer dark and bitter, like my soul...

Actually Yuengling is my social beer. Can go all day on that stuff. IPAs are good too if it's not too hot.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I am old and foolish. I do not deny it. This is a group that livens my soul. I helped start this great club. I do not know where all these enthusiastic, terrific young people found out about our club. Beer is currently brewing in my basement. I love beer. A bunch of guys and GOOD LOOKING girls like we have here cannot possibly tell good beer from bad beer after two. Sorry folks, it is pretty much a fact. Bring two of the beers you love best and then we shall all get a little crazy.

Now lets back up a bit. Just because we are getting crazy does not mean we have to drink bad beer after that. I did not say that. Blatz is awful even if you are blitzed. Miller Light is going to taste like water to most folks even if they have had a six pack. My point is not to spend a fortune on the best beer you can find. I like to get a six of good stuff like some Sam or German and then a twelve of Miller or Bud. Who is going to tell me that at the end of the night when they want a last brew they wouldn't do a Natural Light?

I know I am amongst friends. You get my drift. A six of something that costs 7 or 8 bucks and for the rest something cheaper will do.

Now that we have settled the beer, I hope nobody is going to bring cheap US cigars.

George

George- Will you be my dad? :wub:

Actually, I've got a Glennfiddich 18 sitting in the pantry that I intend to crack open and pour a couple fingers for you when you get here. :happy0180:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
boddingtons-pub-ale.jpg

sierranevada.jpg

Flying_Dog_Snake_Dog_IPA_200.jpg

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

And any kind of Mexican Beer is good too, but it has to be ice cold. American Beer is just fine with me so I concur with Master Jedi George.

I also have a soft spot for Bass Ale. It always brings a smile to my face.:D