• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Plexi Breeder Boxes

misterted

Members
Hi everyone,

Here are some images of the clear plastic breeder boxes that I produce and sell.
They are 13" long and mount up inside the tank using 2 very strong neodymium magnets.
There is a good lid on them to prevent jumping and escaping.
Quality is very high and you can close your aquarium lid when using them thus reducing evaporation, general ugliness, and jumping.

I will start offering them for sale here soon, for now just wanted everyone to become familiar with them.

PA031132_zps106a9177.jpg
[/URL]

PA031130_zps3a2a80a1.jpg
[/URL]

PA031129_zps0db47cee.jpg
[/URL]

PA031128_zpsc9d75eed.jpg
[/URL]

PA031126_zpsb9703100.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for looking.

Ted

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I don't think it will be a problem but contact the club president Christine Keys first. I am not sure if they classify you as a vendor or not. Vendors have slightly different bst rule. AWESOME PRODUCT THOUGH.
Christine's handle is Chriscoli
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Ted's a good guy and a hobbyist who makes these to sell here and there. He's not a vender.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Looks very cool. I like the idea of having them in the tank, so that the temperature is the same temperature as the main tank.

So the way it works is the sponge filter will siphon the water out of the box through the intake pipe, and the return flow goes through the tiny holes in the black panels. My question is how tiny the holes are? Are they tiny enough to keep out egg layer fry which are very tiny.

Becca

Members
Bet you could glue another sponge on the end with the holes and keep fry in there, regardless of size :).

verbal

CCA Members
Bet you could glue another sponge on the end with the holes and keep fry in there, regardless of size :).

You wouldn't need to glue it if the piece is slightly larger than the width of the box - basically the same concept as the sheet for an Hamburg Matten Filter on a smaller scale.

I have not had fry escape from mine, but they tend to be larger fry - i.e. African Cichlids.

misterted

Members
Thanks everybody. I appreciate the kind words.
There is a sponge filter on the unit, you would just need to run an air line from your air pump to the nozzle on the PVC elbow that holds the sponge.

I'm confused, I'm not a vendor, I sell these out of my house, just like if I was selling off fry. Do I need to do anything special or just post in the for sale section?

Price of one unit is $30 and for two or more it is $25 each.

Thanks,
Ted

misterted

Members
So the way it works is the sponge filter will siphon the water out of the box through the intake pipe, and the return flow goes through the tiny holes in the black panels. My question is how tiny the holes are? Are they tiny enough to keep out egg layer fry which are very tiny.

Holes are small and I have not heard of any fry getting out of one of these.

Ted

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just post up in the Marketplace section. I guess your stuff looks so good that folks thought you were making them professionally.

Reed

Very Fishe
Jesse picked one up for me when he went to ecc can't wait to get it from him, I have lots of fry to test it with