• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

All my fish stopped eating!help

bbryan9455

Members
I have two 4 inch Oscars and a jack Dempsey in a 55 . I do 25% weekly water changes. All fish stopped been interested in food for almost a week now.i have to clean out all the food. They don't touch it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Similar situation last week but my guys just started eating again after a few days... I think since our AC kicked in it caused weird temp fluctuation...I don't know just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bbryan9455

Members
Yeah it might be that. I thought I had an ammonia spike so I did almost a full water change but didn't help. All winter the temp stayed around 75. it's Been at 80 82 recently

dogofwar

CCA Members
They won't starve (it would take months). I'd do some additional water changes and NOT feed them for about week.

If they're not hungry then, I'd be a little concerned...

Matt

Jeff721

Members
Increase the oxygen level in the water. The temperature swing that you described is enough to affect the dissolved oxygen level. Higher oxygen level equals hungrier fish.

On a not-totally-unrelated side note. Not sure how big your fish are, but you should probably be doing 50 percent water changes twice a week for 4 Oscars in a 55 gallon. And of course that size tank isn't sufficient for even one of them as an adult. But I'll assume you're growing them out for now.

bbryan9455

Members
I have a bubble bar almost half the lenth of the tank with a air pump rated for a 60 gallons. I have 2 Oscars around 4 inches and a jd and yeah I will be getting a 150 gallon

bbryan9455

Members
Today I fed them chucks of a striped bass I caught. They devoured it. Does anyone have Oscars that won't eat pellets?