• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

135 Build

jmessineo1

Members
I wanted to document the Build of the new 135 tank that I picked up. Here are the pictures of the stand being build. I have all the equipment coming next week, and the Universal Rocks custom 3d background coming the following week. The plans for the tank is an all male hap and peacock tank. I will be documenting the whole process from installing the background and the plumbing as well as stocking. Now I need to get some more males! Hope you enjoy

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

jmessineo1

Members
Well I guess the photos did not upload in order, don't mind the fitted sheet over the tank in the finished product, going to pick up some soft velcro so that the wood is not resting on the brace. let me know what you think.

lkelly

Members
I thought maybe you had a theater style curtain that you lifted when the fish were ready to perform.

Sweet tank.

Siklid

Members
Very nice.

How many hours do you think you have into the stand and the canopy?

Looks outstanding!

jmessineo1

Members
haha, I can't take all the credit my dad help as well. but we built the stand in one day from like 11-6 with a trip to lunch and home depot mixed in. and the canopy we built in one night maybe 3 hours. The most time consuming part is the paint. The stand has 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint, and the canopy has 3 coats of primer, and three coats of paint on just the outside. so all in all build time 8 hours, paint 2-3 hours, and lots of waiting till the paint and primer were dry

lkelly

Members
If you only went to Home Depot once, you are doing it all wrong. A minimum of 6 trips, half of which are to return stuff that you thought you needed, is a requirement. The best is when you go more than one time in one day and end up with the same check out person.

frankoq

Members
If you only went to Home Depot once, you are doing it all wrong. A minimum of 6 trips, half of which are to return stuff that you thought you needed, is a requirement. The best is when you go more than one time in one day and end up with the same check out person.

you're doing it right when they greet you by name. :D

spazmattik

Members
No doubt you are going all in on this one.. canopy, rock solid stand, primer, and 3d background! Well done! Can't wait to see it complete with fish

jmessineo1

Members

in total 5 trips to home depot, 2 few returns.

We got very good at negotiating a discount on plywood with bad edges. haha