• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LED Light Recommendation

jmessineo1

Members
Im in the process of gathering equipment for my new 135 all male hap and peacock tank. Does anyone have any LED's that they recommend to bring the colors out?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I've been pleased with the Current Satellite Plus.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spazmattik

Members
Aqueon the most reliable and economical compared to others
I like the aqueon as well just because you can replace/change out bulbs as needed. I also like the affordability of the beamswork lights. they seem to work well. I do like the aqueon better but you get what you pay for :p

Tangcollector

Staff member
I have had great success with the beamworks lights. They are a great price and really put out the light.

Tangcollector

Staff member
My beamworks lights are bright white. Now I have always got the hi lumen lights. No yellow. But the Aqueon lights seem very popular.

Cichlid Lips

Members
My beamworks lights are bright white. Now I have always got the hi lumen lights. No yellow. But the Aqueon lights seem very popular.

Totally agree with that and I also use one of the Beamworks lights from topdogsellers at Ebay on my 135. It was really the only 6 foot LED fixture I could find TBH, and overall it is quite a bit brighter than the Current fixtures. The thing I don't care for is you have no adjust ability at all, so you are either on white/blue or blue only and no dim-able features.

I also have a Current light on another setup which are quite nice but over priced IMO and some MarsAqua Dimmable 165W pendants on my in-wall system which are heads and tails above the rest as far as just tuning the light exactly how you want them. The downside is they are not easy to hide if you're not in-wall.

Tangcollector

Staff member
I also am only using one 36" hi lum beamworks on my 30" deep 220 tank and one on my 125 gallon tank. I actually bent the brackets to raise them off the tank abit.

Becca

Members
From what I've read on other forums, they do give off a yellow light.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yes, the beamswork do give off a yellow light. It isn't as noticeable if you have a dark substrate and background, but they won't showcase fish colors as nicely.

I really love the Current Satellite+ because you can adjust the colors to make your fish really pop. It has memory and saves the custom colors you create, too. It is the only light I've found that really gives me the look I want on tanks, but it is a little pricier than the other options (still cheaper than many, many others!).

If you're not growing plants, the Finnex Fugue Ray plus a cheapo beamswork might be the way to go.

We've had a 6' beamswork for a couple of years now and it is still working. A couple of the leds have burned out, but it's not noticeable.

I've also got a marineland on one of the fish room tanks. Not bad, but not my favorite.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Yes, the beamswork do give off a yellow light. It isn't as noticeable if you have a dark substrate and background, but they won't showcase fish colors as nicely.

I really love the Current Satellite+ because you can adjust the colors to make your fish really pop. It has memory and saves the custom colors you create, too. It is the only light I've found that really gives me the look I want on tanks, but it is a little pricier than the other options (still cheaper than many, many others!).

If you're not growing plants, the Finnex Fugue Ray plus a cheapo beamswork might be the way to go.

We've had a 6' beamswork for a couple of years now and it is still working. A couple of the leds have burned out, but it's not noticeable.

I've also got a marineland on one of the fish room tanks. Not bad, but not my favorite.

I agree