• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Air Pumps

Becca

Members
I have one of these -
http://www.jehmco.com/DAPMH15crp-a500p.jpg

It runs, I believe, 12-20 outlets (don't have it sitting in front of me right now).

I've noticed that if I bend the cord a bit, so there is not a tight seal between where the cord enters the box, the air output into my tanks is much greater. I've been wondering if this means it needs some sort of maintenance, but I'm afraid to open it up because if I kill it, I don't have a quick replacement.

So my first question - If this is a problem, anyone know how to fix it?

My second question - If I'd like to purchase a 2nd pump capable of running, say, up to 30 airlines in 10, 20, and 30 gallon tanks, what does everyone recommend? Should I go with linear? Diaphragm?

Thanks!

chriscoli

Administrator
I don't know about that model, but I just bought a Jehmco linear piston air pump, so one of the smaller ones might work for you. I'll also be putting some of my Alitas up for sale. They worked really well for the 16-20 range and were super quiet.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I love my Alita! If you decide to convert.

That being said, when you bend the power cord it leaks air or the cord to the manifold? I'm a little slow....

Becca

Members
I love my Alita! If you decide to convert.

That being said, when you bend the power cord it leaks air or the cord to the manifold? I'm a little slow....

The power cord.

I saw Jose is selling an Alita, but it's way too much power for my 11-tank-wall, and a little too pricey.

It's not even a decision to convert so much, I want to have a back-up in case this one fails!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Lucas - how is the noise on yours? I have one, and I agree that it has plenty of capacity, but it really loud (and probably why I got it pretty cheap).

Forester

Members
Its really not that bad. I used to have it in a closet so I could barely hear it at all, but now I just have it on top of a rack and ita not that bad, but I do hear it. I have all my tanks in my bedroom so im used to all the noise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
I can hear my sponge filters running upstairs and in the room next to my "fish room." Of course, that's because I got tired of dealing with clogged air stones. I've started to find it soothing...

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Lucas - how is the noise on yours? I have one, and I agree that it has plenty of capacity, but it really loud (and probably why I got it pretty cheap).

I'm running an EcoPlus 3 on 12 tanks right now, and while the pump was loud by itself, the bubbling from the filters is now louder than the pump noise.

Jmty

Members
Haha , I m shooting down my fish room got to go , every thing is going sorry cannot accomodate a trade but will need my fish $ to start again elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
Before I go out and buy a backup (I know, I should've done it months ago), does anyone have a pump that will run 20-30 airlines that they're looking to part with?