• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bio Media

jmessineo1

Members
What bio media do you use? I've been doing a lot of research on what bio media to put in the new filters for my 135, I'm just wondering what everyone is using and if you like it?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
For canisters, I use Seachem Pond Matrix. It's a little bigger than the regular matrix, but about 1/3 the price. The fluval and eheim products work too, but are awful expensive. Others use less conventional media with success as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Lots of listings on Amazon. I'm sure most large online retailers have it (Drs Foster and Smith, That Fish Place, etc).

I bought mine from That Fish Place.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'm not convinced there are big differences between biomedia. Seachem claims Matrix has more surface area than other types, but I don't know if it really matters.

There were bags of Eheim biomedia in the January auction, so you can find it cheap on occasion.

blkmjk

Members
I use lava rock alot in my filters. Love the stuff and 5 bucks for 40lbs it is a deal that can't be beat IMO.

Drew

Last edited: