• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What's in your Library?

chriscoli

Administrator
It seems like every time I hang out with my Fish Friends at a meeting or an event I find out about a book that I've just gotta have in my reference collection.

So, I was wondering....what's in your library that you consider an essential addition to the Cichlid-keeper's repertoire?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Not a book, but I use the app Evernote and the Chrome extension Clearly to save articles from the Web in folders for later reading.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Although I don't keep many Old World species, Ad Konings' Malawi Cichlids in Their Natural Habitat is pretty awesome. I also like Ingo Seidel's Back to Nature Guide to L-catfishes.

spazmattik

Members
Funny you brought this up.. While unpacking I found my first (and only) aquarium book. Simon & Schuster's guide to freshwater and marine aquarium fishes..

I got this book when I first got into the hobby. I was probably 12 or so. The book was out dated by the time I got ahold of it but I didn't care (copyright 1976). I remember sitting in my room studying this book like I was going to be tested on it. lol

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
1. South American Eartheaters by Weidner
2. The Cichlid Fishes of Western Africa by Anton Lamboj
3. Cichlids from West Africa by Linke and Staeck
4. Complete book of Dwarf Cichlids by Richter