• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Themed Tanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
What were the themes of the tanks entered at AquaMania?

I remember Frank's "Red, White and Blue" tank: no shortage of oohs and ahhs at the gorgeous fish in it!

Tony's West African Biotope / Biotype - gorgeous!

Mahesh's Volcano tank - very cool

Others?

Matt

Becca

Members
Mine was themed "outside the box" because it was round. I almost listed it as "untanked" but I didn't think anyone else would think that was funny and wasn't entirely sure why I did. I guess I picked the right theme, since it placed in the themed group.

I saw a Whomping Willow themed tank.

Oh man becca, I was wondering why it was labeled like that. It makes perfect sense now! Did you construct that whole waterfall from scratch?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Oh man becca, I was wondering why it was labeled like that. It makes perfect sense now! Did you construct that whole waterfall from scratch?

Sigh, nobody ever gets my jokes! :(.

Yes. Will (Localzoo) helped, but we constructed it all by hand with the help of a few power tools. I've actually taken it apart to try to fix the splashing issue - I think I need to change the angle of the pitcher.

Just a thought, but if you add an air stone under the area where the water falls in it will reduce the surface tension enough to eliminate splash. I'm sure there are several ways to getbit done.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Just a thought, but if you add an air stone under the area where the water falls in it will reduce the surface tension enough to eliminate splash. I'm sure there are several ways to getbit done.

Dan my other idea was to lower the pitcher... Becca I thought it was funny but then again I was in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
I think lowering the pitcher and changing the angle to something level/downwards tilting will turn it into a smoother pour. The pump is also a little spotty (sometimes it just shuts off) and kind of noisy, so I'm going to play around with the pump a little. I should be getting a teeny tiny submersible pump today.

Becca

Members
Cool you have to admit we did that in a few days with the babies around.
Lol can wait to make the other tank.

Wait... what other tank??? :eek:

I think, if we are ever to out-do this one, it will require some more intensive help from your glass-blowing friend ;).

As for the babies - they helped, didn't they??? I guess we should REALLY be thanking Susie for helping keep an eye on them - she made it all possible.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Well yes and yes also you kept us fed ill bring healthier drinks next time. As for the tank I was thinking the tide pool thing I mentioned...I was gonna get Dans help bc he builds ponds for a living down side he's in pa