• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Transformers 2 Premiere is on the 24th, here are some trailers.

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5YFE_VZX9o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5YFE_VZX9o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7InTpNWJ4HQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7InTpNWJ4HQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

[/YT]

Here is a review from USA TODAY. I personally have not seen the movie, but I promise to give it my CCA review soon.

Enjoy,

'Transformers 2': Witless script consigns it to the scrap heap By Claudia Puig, USA TODAY
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is proof positive that not every summer action blockbuster has the mettle to be a franchise. This sequel to the clever and funny first Transformers not only is disappointing, it will give most people a throbbing case of metal overload.
Bigger, louder, longer and more metallic is definitely not better. Where the first movie was a happy surprise, a comedy with engaging characters and spectacular action-filled escapades, the sequel lacks wit, charm, subtlety, restraint, humanity and clever dialogue. It has loads of spectacle but no soul.
The Autobots and their nemeses, the Decepticons, are far more plentiful this time. Global destruction is seemingly at hand. But the overbearing story and its nearly 2½-hour running time numbs the audience into submission.
Though there are more special effects and new ways for machines to turn into 'bots, the story seems as if it's about to end at least three times.
If only.
Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky has flashes of the engaging persona that enlivened the first movie, but he's no longer an unlikely action hero. He and his girlfriend, Mikaela (Megan Fox), play bravely bland, resourceful teens in a familiar story of good machines vs. bad machines fighting for world domination. Fox does little but run around and look blankly pretty.
Favorite Transformers are back, including Bumblebee, the yellow Camaro Autobot, and Optimus Prime, the noble leader of the Autobots. But there are hordes of far less distinctive machines — so many that it's tough to tell the heroes from the villains.
Sam has just started college. His roommate, the computer-savvy Leo (Ramon Rodriguez), joins in against the robotic mayhem. Sam touches the Allspark cube, an alien energy source, and information is implanted in his brain. This unexpected study guide proves more useful than the best tutor.
Meanwhile, pyramids are dismantled, bodies hurled through the air and facial orifices probed. And all the metal on display is more brassy than precious.
No amount of technical virtuosity can make up for an agonizingly witless story, clumsy dialogue and uninteresting characters.

RM

spacer.gif

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thats a pretty rough review, but I don't think it'll stop most people. Transformers has such a huge following from the people that remember the cartoon. Look forward to a real review from someone who doesn't treat going to the movies as a 'task.'

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
If I remember right the reviews for the first one were awful. It isn't my kind of movie but it is my son's kind. He brought it over on DVD ( like about a week after it opened at theaters) and I thought it was actually pretty good. I bet it is going to be spectacular on IMAX.

George

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
If I remember right the reviews for the first one were awful. It isn't my kind of movie but it is my son's kind. He brought it over on DVD ( like about a week after it opened at theaters) and I thought it was actually pretty good. I bet it is going to be spectacular on IMAX.

George

You're absolutely right George!

This Claudia Puig must be a lonley, boy friendless chick and wants everyone else to be miserable like her. a couple people at work saw iT and said it was great, and even if they did not see it I KNOW ITS GONNA BE GREAT!!! everything she talks about i.e. more machines (decepticons), bigger, louder, longer more metallics........HELLO LADY! that is what everyone complained about the first one IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I'll give it my review right now and I have not SEEN IT. IT will be a great movie! and by the looks of the effects its gonna be wicked sick! The action looks great and I love the fact there will be more machines (decepticons)! SO to wrap this up........ BUG OFF CLAUDIA PUIG!!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
personally i never listen to reviews or critics they usually never get it right. besides most folks know instantly from a preview whether they are interested in the movie or would rather wait for dvd or cable.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
personally i never listen to reviews or critics they usually never get it right. besides most folks know instantly from a preview whether they are interested in the movie or would rather wait for dvd or cable.
I'm the same way. I usually go by the opposite of whatever the critics say. I don't know what kind of reviews 'The Hangover' got but it was the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. I'll see some movies in the theaters just for the sound and special effects. It it doesn't look like a great comedy or action, I'll wait for the DVD or find a bootleg copy.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Actually The Hangover got great reviews. I heard a clip on the radio today from Tran 2 and some babe said "I'm your worst nightmare". If that's the quality of the dialogue, the special effects better be a whole lot better:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Obviously the radio guy is a bit handicapped:lol::rolleyes:.

George

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Saw it a minute ago with my Princess and we both loved it.

Plenty of Action, Special Effects, Eye Candy and a plot...

I'll review you it later, but go see it...really. It's worth the money$

RM

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I hate the fact that the Edit button goes away and I can't go back and correct my sentence. It really sucks.

For the record, I meant to say that I will review the movie later.

Movie was probably the best I have seen in IMAX as limited as that list is but the action on a 6 story screen was incredible. Not much of a plot and probably a death knell for a third movie but it held its own. Enjoy the eye candy early as its not as enticing later in the film....the best part to me was that they showed a rail gun being fired from a navy ship. Why is that the best part? Because most people dont realize that the weapon actually exists in an experimental stage.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-4O..._the_navy_electromagnetic_rail_gun_prototype/

The most ironic part of the movie was seeing it in the Air and Space museum in Chantilly, since the museum is actually seen in the movie.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Cool!

I agree with you on the plot, but the movie was Awesome. I can't even imagine seeing it in an Imax theatre...OMG.

RM

Cartel

Members
Iv seen it in IMAX and regualr and IMAX blew it away. Im so glad I saw it IMAX first. Well worth it. A couple parts I didnt like. Like the setup for a 3rd I thought was kinda cheesy the way they did it. Also I think the running through the desert scene kinda dragged out longer then needed to be. But thats just being picky. All in all I loved it.

maddog10

Members
I didn't think it was as bad as the critics were saying it was. I do think they tried too hard to make them 'hip' with the cursing and street lingo. It is still going to make a ton of money, so a third movie will probably happen. Hollywood doesn't care if the movie is good, as long as it is profitable.

I agree... The action/graphics/effects were pretty good but the story line was kinda out there.. Really no plot, but, with this type of movie it is all about the action...

I liked the hangover much better for comedy as I couldn't stop laughing especially when someone opened the trunk and a nice treat hopped out on them LOL.

The funniest part of the movie for me was when the sand sucking Decepticon that was tearing the pyramid apart and John Turtorro is looking up at its dangling "crane bells" to call in the strike on it.