• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mr Aqua 12 Gallon Frameless Glass Aquarium Tank

Hannibal

Members
The first thing I thought of the first time I saw this tank was planting it for some apistos. The unique footprint is what is really appealing to me, 35.4" x 8.3" x 9.4". I thought I had the perfect spot for it in my kitchen overlooking my foyer but after finally measuring the ledge, its only 6" wide. Would this tank be fine if I put it on some sort of plywood to create a base to support the entire bottom? I am not so much worried about the tank falling off the ledge as I am about the bottom not being fully supported.

Your thoughts?

verbal

CCA Members
Sounds like a great tank.

Borelli might be a good option since they seem to be pretty mellow. The nice thing about short tank, is it won't take a ton of light for plants to get good light.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
So long as you support the bottom you will be fine. I have one of these tanks and enjoy it. Easy to light, easy to filter.

Becca

Members
So long as you support the bottom you will be fine. I have one of these tanks and enjoy it. Easy to light, easy to filter.

You could add some shelf-support brackets under the plywood to make sure it isn't going anywhere. That's what I'd do, but in my house if it can happen, it will happen, no matter how far fetched.