• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Salutations!

Miranda

Members
Well uhh... Hi! My name is Miranda and I live in Long Island, Ny. I'm pretty new to the fish hobby, I've only been into it for the past 6 months. I started off with a 2.5g divided in 3 sections for Bettas. I only had one betta fish in it, but before I educated myself about fish I had planned to have 3 in that one tank. :X needless to say, Bettas started me into the hobby. I now have 4 tanks, no where near as impressive as some. It's only 3 (2 cycled) little 2.5s with my Bettas- The doctor, Zyff, and Pi. Then there's my 29g. Originally it was a SUCESSFUL betta harem (3 females, 1 male) and community tank up until my tank contracted Nematodes. :( since then broken down and disinfected my tank. Brand new substrate, decor , etc. I'm planning on going with Cichlids this time. My tank is finally cycled and ready for fish!

That's where this place comes in. :)

I have all sorts of plans for my tank, but I'm too new to the hobby I'm always looking for advice.

For example, I'm "adopting" a good 35 black convict fry from one of my managers at work. (I see that funny look you're giving your computer...) I don't plan on keeping /all/ of them. Max I want is 1-3 females and that's it. So, I was suckered into raising the fry and donating them to the store I work for once they grow out. -__-; anyway, once that's all said and done I desperately want my tank to flourish with life. I'm planning a rocky planted tank with smaller cichlids (maxing 6") that would be compatible to my convicts. :)

So, uhhhh... Yeah that's me and my fish! ^_^; hi!

Ading522

Members
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people here! Are you planning to keep new world cichlids? Or old world?

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Welcome! Many years ago, I started off with bettas too! Now I have 16 tanks running. MTS (multiple tank syndrome) can be caught very easily, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Welcome! I eased my husband into my hobby with bettas, too. We now refer to them as "gateway" fish in our house!

Miranda

Members
I have no idea! Like I said, I'm still new to the hobby. I'm starting with black convicts, a lot I them... Once they grow to an inch I'm going to try rehoming them or something. I want to work about them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app