• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Saulosi tank pics

verbal

CCA Members
The fish look great. It looks like they are close to adulthood if not there already.

You may want to add some more rocks/caves.

+1 pile rocks to the top! I always thought that rocks took up valuable real estate in a tank, reducing swimming room amd over all volume of water. This is wrong, especially with mbuna. It will help with several different things especially breeding. Imo you would have much better chances with breeding as well as survival rates for the females. Those guys are true wife beeters and one hyper dominant male can empty the tank pretty quick. They do appear to be breeding size my guess would be you will have breeding with in a month maybe two. Are the males displaying for the females at all?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I'd make a big ole pile of the flat type rocks in the back of the tank. I have much better results in terms of optimising hiding spots with flat rocks.

npbarca

Members
Ill be adding some more rocks as I get them. The 2 males are already clearing spots and trying to breed with the females, but the biggest female is only 2" on the small side. The rest are juvies at about 1.75". The females just have to get a little bigger. I got them from Jay at CAS.

You'll be surprised at how small they will breed. May not produce much but atleast get some practice.