• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA 2016

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'll be going with my daughter. There are usually several folks from the club who attend and this ones not too far of a drive...

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I finally made my last reservation for the trip.

I had made all the reservations for the convention but we like to make it a longer vacation when its somewhere we have not been too.
We have been to Cincinnati for the last two ACA conventions that they held so we are going to take our time getting there.
Hitting some spots in VA and WV that we want to go to.

Its the only way to get the wife to go to the same city again. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Phil just posted on Facebook that he added a few more rooms to the block. They had run out for Sunday. Seems some guy named McCartney is in town that week and friends of his are booking a lot of rooms. I hear he gets by with a little help from his friends. .

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wednesday, July 6

• 5 PM - Show Room and Rental Room Opens
  • 12 PM - Registration Opens
Thursday, July 7

Friday, July 8

• 9 AM - 9 PM - Registration Opens
  • 9 AM - 7 PM - Show Room Opens
  • 7 PM - Show Room Closes for Judging
  • 9 AM - 11 PM - Rental Room Opens
  • 9 AM - 9 PM - Vendor Room Opens
  • 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM Cincinnati Zoo Tour
  • 3 PM -5 PM - Dry Goods Auction
  • 6 PM - Speaker: Jeff Cardwell
  • 8 PM - Speaker: Ad Konings
  • 10 PM - BABES Auction
  • 10 PM - Hospitality Room Opens
Saturday, July 9

• 9 AM - 2 PM - Registration Opens
  • 9 AM - 5 PM - Show Room Opens
  • 9 AM - 9 PM - Vendor Room Opens
  • 9 AM - Speaker: Greg Steeves
  • 11 AM - Speaker: Ad Konings
  • 1 PM - Speaker: Vin Kutty
  • 3 PM - Speaker: Steve Lundblad
  • 6 PM - Cash Bar
  • 7 PM - Banquet - Banquet Speaker Wayne Leibel
  • 10:00 PM - Hospitality Room Opens
  • 10 PM - 11 PM - Show Room Reopens
Sunday, July 10

• 8 AM - Auction Registration Opens
  • 10 AM - Auction
  • 10 AM - All Show Fish Must Be Removed

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Tray and I decided not to do the aquarium or brewing tours.
Not into beer and been to the aquarium so we are getting there Thursday afternoon.

We will be doing the Zoo tour. I have not been to this or any Zoo in at least 20 years. LOL

Termato

Board of Directors
When taking a plane, do you all ship the fish ahead of time or take them with you? Depends on size or qty?

Trying to figure out some logistics for this.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I usually drive as individual airlines can be goofy with fish in checked bags.

Generally, I just put a styro in my checked luggage and put the bagged fish inside, as if I were shipping them.

Matt

When taking a plane, do you all ship the fish ahead of time or take them with you? Depends on size or qty?

Trying to figure out some logistics for this.

I did the same thing last year. Styro inside a roller bag, fish inside the styro. Checked through no issues.

On the way back I carried a bag on the plane with me. TSA needed to take a look at it to verify that the fish were alive and then I was on my way.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I finally made my last reservation for the trip.

I had made all the reservations for the convention but we like to make it a longer vacation when its somewhere we have not been too.
We have been to Cincinnati for the last two ACA conventions that they held so we are going to take our time getting there.
Hitting some spots in VA and WV that we want to go to.

Its the only way to get the wife to go to the same city again. LOL

Hmm I may have to change some things. We were headed right into the area that was just declared a disaster area. The flooding was terrible out there. We were going through that town to get to one of our stops like 10 miles from there.