• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Club Member Presentations - February Meeting

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA:

As discussed at the meeting on Saturday, we are still looking for several members to do a short presentation during the February meeting. We have already allocated two slots, and have two more slots available. What exactly are we looking for? Here's some thoughts:

- The presentation is 10 minutes.
- If you are a BAP participant, you can discuss how you bred a species to get bonus points.
- Do you have some DIY ideas that you can do a quick demo? Make a presentation.
- Want to give a virtual tour of your fish tanks/fishroom? Make a video to talk over.

This is an opportunity to share with the club some specific info about your involvement in the hobby. We've been doing these presentations for several years and they are always well received. We know each other through the forum and meetings, but many have not had the opportunity to see each other's tanks.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jon

jonclark96

Past CCA President
So far we have 3 confirmed talks (Mark Kaprow, Frank Cowherd, Christine Keys) and two maybes. Any one else have something they'd like to present? How about someone who has never presented to the club before?

Forester

Members
So far we have 3 confirmed talks (Mark Kaprow, Frank Cowherd, Christine Keys) and two maybes. Any one else have something they'd like to present? How about someone who has never presented to the club before?

I could do a quick air system demo with pvc. But I'm guessing that's already been done before.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
I could do a quick air system demo with pvc. But I'm guessing that's already been done before.

I may be able to put together a short presentation on collecting in Malawi, assuming I can find the pictures. I was gonna do it a few years ago but never got around to it.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Lucas:

Thanks for volunteering. I think the air system would be more appropriate for the meeting.

Jon

chriscoli

Administrator
I think either is appropriate. If you do a demo, make sure you set it up so that everyone can see what you're doing, not just the first row.

So maybe a combination of slides with some materials to hold up and show people to clarify what you're saying?

Forester

Members
I think either is appropriate. If you do a demo, make sure you set it up so that everyone can see what you're doing, not just the first row.

So maybe a combination of slides with some materials to hold up and show people to clarify what you're saying?

Sounds good. Thanks for the help

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looks like we are locked down on our presenters - Lucas, Frank, Greg, and Mark.

Looking forward to seeing our members talk next weekend!

F8LBITE

Members
Looking forward to the presentations! I'm a big Frank Cowherd fan, practically all my fish come from him.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Unfortunately one of our presenters had a family emergency come up and will not be able to attend the meeting. If anyone can fill in on short notice, please let me know!

FishEggs

maybe we can do new member introductions if no one else can fill in. seems like there will be quite a few new members at the meeting.

Becca

Members
If needed, I can do the rain barrel talk. Email me if no one else offers.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App