• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Jaguar Cichlid Spawning

The Festae is gone and the Jaguar pair is doing the thing. The pair was so happy for the festae to leave lol so hopefully we will see fry in the next few days. Will be posting pictures after they are done.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Is it normal for jaguars to lip lock while breeding? I mean they are lip locking then the female start laying and he fertilize them...then back to lip locking

Thanks Terrell
Now they are fighting over turns fanning the eggs lol this is crazy

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Congrats! Once the eggs hatch I'd put in a divider. Make it egg crate or something with small holes like that so the fry can swim through.

Congrats! Once the eggs hatch I'd put in a divider. Make it egg crate or something with small holes like that so the fry can swim through.

So put the mother on one side and father on the other?

1badmarine

**** I missed out on the festae. Congrats on the spawn

ErnieG

Members
I can't wait to see the pics, do you have a breeder size male Texas/carpintis Cichlid? I need one to pair up with my fertile King Kong parrot female.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
So put the mother on one side and father on the other?

Yup! It will keep the female alive. The fry will move back and forth through the divider. I've had good luck breeding my Rio Cabayo siquia this way.

I can't wait to see the pics, do you have a breeder size male Texas/carpintis Cichlid? I need one to pair up with my fertile King Kong parrot female.

Pictures will be up tomorrow
I got side tracked lol

Yup! It will keep the female alive. The fry will move back and forth through the divider. I've had good luck breeding my Rio Cabayo siquia this way.

Yah, thats what I also do with my siquia. One morning all the fry will be with mom and the next they're all with dad.

Thanks guys
That would be very interesting to watch them move back and forwards between the parents.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sometimes having another fish in the tank (than the breeding pair) - even if it's behind a divider - will help maintain the parental bond (and keep the male from beating the female)...

Matt

The eggs hatched early this morning and the mom moved the fry under a very large flat rock. Once I can see them I will post pics.