• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Spring Auction/Tag sale haul...

JasonC

Members
Okay... so I know its probably not over yet as I write this, but lets start sharing our lists of what we got!

Personally, before I had to leave for work I bagged an amazing piece of driftwood (thanks to Chris T. for putting a jump-the-line sticker on it for me.. well I thank you... my wallet does not ;P), and some Hygro sp. Atlantis.

Wanted to get my hands on the hybrid anubias that Damian brought, and one of the redonkulous bags of java fern... but they did not come up in time. Also REALLY wanted to tempt myself with the Microctenopoma angsorii that were supposed to be in the tag sale... but they didnt show up while I was there and looking at the mga.com list, they arent listed anymore... BOO!

so what you all get??!?!

chriscoli

Administrator
I got a bunch of new live cultures to try, a few misc pieces of small equipment, some fish food, and one of Jenn's necklaces.

I wonder who went home with the awesome apisto drawing?

I also met a lot of folks that I'd seen on the forum but didn't previously have a face to put with the name.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I went home with six panda cories and three large clown barbs. I wanted one of those huge bags of java fern but did not stick around long enough for them to come up.

1badmarine

I hate I missed it. Had a very important meeting today

Becca

Members
I got a 90-100 gallon metaframe tank with a basic pine stand that needs to be resealed. I didn't actually figure I'd win it, but I couldn't see it get sold for $30... not that the $35 it sold for was much better. I now own a piece of aquarium history. If I can't get it to hold water it'll either become a terrarium or go to someone who can return it to its original glory. My husband did NOT take a bat, sledgehammer, or anything else to it. Special thanks to Chris Teem and his lovely girlfriend for helping me get it home.

I also got a bag of 5 White Clouds for $8 to add to my current breeding group and a Fluval/AquaClear powerhead for $7.50 in the tag sale. I don't have an immediate use for it, but an extra powerhead is never a bad thing.

I was amazed at the great turnout and how well organized everything was considering just how much stuff was there. It is really an awesome event and getting there was not nearly as bad as my other experiences driving in VA. I didn't have to get on the GW parkway so the drive actually made sense and was rather pleasant, especially with Samantha and Stephanie to keep me company.

lkelly

Members
So you won that 8000 pound monster? I figured you just strapped it to your son's stroller and just rolled it on out.

Becca

Members
So you won that 8000 pound monster? I figured you just strapped it to your son's stroller and just rolled it on out.

Well, that little basket underneath DOES come in handy for a lot of things :D.

Seriously, that boy needs to grow up so he can help his old mom haul all the stuff she thinks she can lift and can't.