• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Canadian Aboard CCA

SpinalFan

Members
New to fish keeping in depth, but been around community tanks most of my life.

I had snapping turtles as a young adult, 2 jap softshells and an african sideneck. When I had to move yet again, I donated them to a reptile zoo. :(

Wife has kept a tank of cichlids for a couple years now, with me having little interest in it. For some reason, recently my interest has exploded into SO much more.

She has a 40g tank with a white lab, a convict (kept from previous batch of fry, rid of ma and pa), some species 44, and blue sapphires.

My 40g tank is the home to a very large JD. In the store, he was bright blue and was told he was an EBJD, which is what I wanted. He sure does not look EB now... but very nice none the less.

We have a 20g tank ready to be started for quarantine/breeding purposes, much to her dismay. She wants to make it community *rolls eyes* lol.

Anyways! Hello from Ontario :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Tyler. Have any other pictures?

I have a group of star sapphires (Placidochromis phenochilus) and they are some of my favorite fish.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Assuming the picture in your avatar is your JD, he isn't a EB, but a good looking male none the less.

SpinalFan

Members
Thank you :D

I do have pics, I'll upload shortly...

Yes, *star sapphires. I always do that with those ones...

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thank you :D

I do have pics, I'll upload shortly...

Yes, *star sapphires. I always do that with those ones...

No worries... it's a common name and likely varies from place to place. I knew what you were talking about. :)