• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Corys and barbs for sale

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I have a fair number of Aspidoras sp. CW052 "black fin" of saleable size for $3 ea. These get to be approximately 2" for females and slightly smaller for males. http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=2866

A nice corydoras alternative for mid sized tanks.

I also have 3 Corydoras zygatus fry I'd like to move. These are 3 months old. Adults are just under 3" for females, slightly smaller or males. Again, $3 ea. http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=511

Finally, I have some melon barbs. Half-grown former fry for $3 ea. I also have a proven spawning trio for $20. I put them in a pond last summer and came out with around 50 fry. They'd make a good dither for a mid-sized, not ultra violent soft water cichlid. Adults just under 4". http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/haludaria-fasciata/

Blaise

skanda

Members
Just curious..How did you manage to breed the melon barbs in the pond.. Did you use any special breeding techniques? Did they eat the eggs?

b considine

Pretty much just tossed them in there. Pond had some water hyacinth as shade, and a large lump of java moss for a spawning bed. Fed crushed flake once a week after I saw fry. That's about it.

Pond is a 125 gallon rigid liner from Lowe's with a Tetra pump that I attached to a waterfall purchased on Amazon. It sits above ground on my patio in partial shade. Plants included the above, some red root floaters and some marginal plants along two shelves.

Other denizens included a small painted turtle and a red-belly slider my wife brought home from school for the summer.

I'd imagine lots of fry were eaten. But they spawned often enough to stay ahead of the game.

Blaise

ddavila06

Members
Pretty much just tossed them in there. Pond had some water hyacinth as shade, and a large lump of java moss for a spawning bed. Fed crushed flake once a week after I saw fry. That's about it.

Pond is a 125 gallon rigid liner from Lowe's with a Tetra pump that I attached to a waterfall purchased on Amazon. It sits above ground on my patio in partial shade. Plants included the above, some red root floaters and some marginal plants along two shelves.

Other denizens included a small painted turtle and a red-belly slider my wife brought home from school for the summer.

I'd imagine lots of fry were eaten. But they spawned often enough to stay ahead of the game.

Blaise

i cant believe ur fish are spawnning regarless of the slider!!!! when ih ad mine not even the fastest goldfish would survive more than a day:confused:

anyways, i will buy some aspidoras to mix with the juvies of the ones i bought from you before, does that seem doable? how else can i add fresh juice into the mix? lol

b considine

Sure thing, Damian. How many would you like?

Blaise

And it's a red-ear slider. Not red belly. Those would be interesting.

Last edited:

ddavila06

Members
probably five, but in the future as i dont think i can come to the meeting this saturday.. if any last minute things change i will try and let you know.

b considine

probably five, but in the future as i dont think i can come to the meeting this saturday.. if any last minute things change i will try and let you know.

Let me know. I 'll have plenty more soon enough.

Blaise