• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dorsal streamer

Localzoo

Board of Directors
So simple question. Just notice my favorite con pair that the females dorsal fin resembles a males with a really long streamer type effect going wasn't like that when she was younger but as she has gotten older its become more pronounced.

Anyone know why? What's the purpose of a long elaborate dorsal fin?(specifically in a female)
B0425C94-05D5-46FF-B7AC-F893ACF9E16B.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F4CCDEA3-EA41-49FE-A598-D92EB44F92B8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Second pic not eggs just kens pellets lol she moves them around then eats them later...again weird individuals that's why I love them

Can't get a good pic she's guarding eggs at the moment. Hopefully the male doesn't try to spawn at the other end if the tank forcing her to abandon this clutch...they are weird (I can usually get fry if I remove the eggs but they breed like bunnies anyways so I don't bother)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I don't know the function of the trailers (other than they look really nice to us aquarium keepers), but I have had several convict females that had just as "nice" finage as males.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I don't know the function of the trailers (other than they look really nice to us aquarium keepers), but I have had several convict females that had just as "nice" finage as males.

It's really awesome looking just thought it might be related to something like health, etc maybe just to get the males attention

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app