• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Planted 20gallon

ErnieG

Members
Planted 20gallon high with flourite as a substrate, tell me what you guys think and some stocking suggestions would be nice.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1394020511000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1394020470000.jpg

Becca

Members
From Sam?

Matt

Mine mostly came from Jeff Greenspan and are offspring of the ones I got from him.

When he liquidated the office tanks I was interested in the "Strawberry Apistos" turns out, they weren't apistos at all :p.

I bought my Buenos Aires tetras from him, too, after arranging to pick up a group of Emperor Tetras. In his defense, he let his son look up what types of fish he'd brought back from a collecting trip.

nice looking tank, one day i am going to break down and do a planted tank i think they are really cool just not with my curious inventory of fish

Becca

Members
My dad could take them for his tank..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

The plants are a little bit of a joke - they've been bleached and need to be tested with fish to ensure that whatever killed the fish in the tank they were in isn't still on them. I definitely don't think they should go in someone's already established tank right now.

ErnieG

Members
That's too bad, I need more plants because I'm in the middle of setting up 3 tanks with dirt. A 20 gallon, 10 gallon, and 55 gallon.

Becca

Members
That's too bad, I need more plants because I'm in the middle of setting up 3 tanks with dirt. A 20 gallon, 10 gallon, and 55 gallon.

I threw a few baby plecos in with them last week and they're all still alive. I wouldn't add them to an established tank for fear of tragedy or demonic possession, but if you were just starting a tank and threw a few tetras in or something to make sure their heads don't start spinning, that'd probably work.

Honestly, I want to keep them and put them in my new 75 gallon... there's just one small hitch with that... I don't have a 75 gallon :(.

Becca

Members
:(.....the $1 per gallon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Only goes to 55 gallons. Also, it doesn't matter, because there's NO WAY I'd be allowed to bring one home. Hubs has already told me he'll take a baseball bat to it, and maybe other tanks, if I bring any more home. SIGH.:(

I was hoping he'd let me replace the 29 with it, but nooooo.