• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Red Severum and clown loaches

dogofwar

CCA Members
Please be VERY clear about the terms of the transaction....before catching fish and bringing them to this guy.

I had the misfortune of bringing some fish to the meeting yesterday - exactly what I told him that I would bring him...even brought an extra (free) fish - and he refused them...

"I'll bring 6 of the sevs. I can't guarantee that they'll be 2" - they're fry growing out. I'll get a couple of larger ones, though..."

No bueno.

Matt (who has never had this happen to him before...)

kevin911

Members
Please be VERY clear about the terms of the transaction....before catching fish and bringing them to this guy.

I had the misfortune of bringing some fish to the meeting yesterday - exactly what I told him that I would bring him...even brought an extra (free) fish - and he refused them...

"I'll bring 6 of the sevs. I can't guarantee that they'll be 2" - they're fry growing out. I'll get a couple of larger ones, though..."

No bueno.

Matt (who has never had this happen to him before...)

Matt no disrespect but I was hoping for at least 2 incher and you mention will bring 6, there were 3 1incher and 3 half inch ??? I can't do anything with it however I was lucky to buy a couple of 6 incher from a fellow mfk.

kevin911

Members
Currently I'm looking for Super Red Severum, I have a 10 inch one and looking to possibly pair it. thanks for all the pm as far, but currently I'm not looking for green severum, rotkeil, or Gold. thanks.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Look dude, as far as I'm concerned, I brought you exactly what I agreed to bring you. And even threw in an extra.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but it would have been common courtesy to let me know that you didn't want the fish if any of them were less than 2"....before I caught them, bagged them and brought them to the meeting.

And I'm more than happy to have given them to a good friend and member...

As I said before, No Bueno...

Matt

Matt no disrespect but I was hoping for at least 2 incher and you mention will bring 6, there were 3 1incher and 3 half inch ??? I can't do anything with it however I was lucky to buy a couple of 6 incher from a fellow mfk.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Gospel messaging

Kevin-

Just so you know, Matt is sort of like CCA's model citizen and poster child for "how to be forthright and upstanding in all dealings with all people all the time". If you managed to get him honked off, which I didn't believe possible, then you likely messed up and any criticism on his part is merited. Just saying, expectation and accountability run in both directions and if you do stuff to rankle our best and brightest, no one is going to want to play with you.

Cheers.

kevin911

Members
OUR CONVO-

It's the cafeteria. Check out the "directions" link on home page.

I'll bring 6 of the sevs. I can't guarantee that they'll be 2" - they're fry growing out. I'll get a couple of larger ones, though...

It will be $15.

Thanks,
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin911
Possibly six 2 incher, I will try to attend sat meeting- Any specific room in there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar
Hi Kevin,

Here's what they are:

Peru Green or Turquoise Sevs (H. appendiculatus) (not Rotkeils)

Here's info on cichlidae: http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?id=550

I have a bunch that are between 1 and 2"... How many would you like?

I have two (wild) pairs...

Matt

Quote:
How many 2inch severum do you have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar
Sorry don't have any pictures...but they look like the fish in the thread...

I'm in Potomac, MD...and the next meeting is next Sat at 2:00 PM at JFK High school in Silver Spring...

Matt

Quote:
Hey

Do you have a pic of the baby sev that are pushing 2 in? How many 2 inches do you have and where are you located? Where and when is the next meeting ? Thanks

kevin911

Members
You can clearly see how much I express I want 2 incher- you bought some so small i can't even see it... If I don't like the product and the product is not what a buyer was asking for, I don't think i'm obligated to buy. It was my first ACC meeting, I came early at 12 to help out with all tables and chairs as I feel like this could be a good club to join for fish hobbyist. you pretty much ruin my experience, and by ruining this thread you pretty much made it clear that when a seller brings something opposite of what a buyer is asking he should still be obligate to buy it or he's is ruin in forum.

kevin911

Members
Kevin-

Just so you know, Matt is sort of like CCA's model citizen and poster child for "how to be forthright and upstanding in all dealings with all people all the time". If you managed to get him honked off, which I didn't believe possible, then you likely messed up and any criticism on his part is merited. Just saying, expectation and accountability run in both directions and if you do stuff to rankle our best and brightest, no one is going to want to play with you.

Cheers.

I believe Matt is definitely a good person, however I think he made such a big deal over something we "both" may be accountable for... I guess i should have bought it anyway even though it was not as describe, so we all can save time and Matt can be happy.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Relax

My mistake for weighing in - oops, apologies - but can't fault anyone too much for trying to be protective of club members. Stuff happens, it's done, finished, let it go, no one's bleeding.

CCA is a learning experience for everyone. See you at the next meeting, which as always, will be better than the last one.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Kevin - I brought no fish that were so small as to be hardly visible...and I made it darn clear - I think - that I couldn't guarantee that the fish would each be 2".

I'll chalk it up to a misunderstanding. But I've never had this happen to me before...

If you'd like, I'll talk to the guy who I gave them to an he can give me the actual lengths of the 7 fish that I brought you (for the price of 6).

I'm done talking about this...

Matt

toddnbecka

Members
I have 1m/2f red severums in my 125, looks like a pair and one odd female. They're about 5" now, the male just a bit larger. I've been growing them out for almost 2 years now, paid $40/each for them when they were a couple inches smaller. I can ship if necessary, what would you say would be a fair price for the odd female?
P1040830.jpg

114.jpg