• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Electric blue acara

I have to wonder if these are a hybrid cross between an Electric Blue Ram and a Blue Acara, Aquidens Pulcher (if that's even possible). I agree with Matt that its got the Acara face. If its purely the Blue Acara, someone did some serious line breeding to get to this point. Regardless, very striking fish.

neut

Members
LOL... with the somewhat understandable cynicism or ignorance about a new fish you sometimes see some off base posts. They are not rams but are apparently a variant of A. pulcher (blue acara), almost certainly man made; at least I haven't seen any claims to the contrary. They were still pretty new and relatively unknown when the thread was started. Pretty fish, tempting, but I haven't taken the bait yet on these... nor electric blue rams.

Quite a few more around now than a year ago. This link sums up the basics:

Greengirl

Members
I know Batfish has a few of these available, and I know congressional Aquarium sells these too. they are really pretty.

JLW

CCA Members
Definitely beautiful fish -- I think Jose took the last of mine! I'll get some more in, though. Price has really come down on these guys.