• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June Meeting of the CCA.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
June 13th 2pm

Eric Bodrock with his talk: Cory Breeding Made Easy

There will be the usual raffle and mini auction.

The refreshments will feature hot dogs. These went over so well last month I figure they will be the feature in the warm months.
Our speaker will bring some fish with him for the auction so be on the lookout for these.

Eric Bodrock

My name is Eric Bodrock. I have been interested in fishkeeping since age 10. My mom started my catfish craze by picking out five "Peppered" Corys that came along as a sales promotion with a 10-gallon tank that she bought for me to raise some Platy babies. The Corys spawned about a year later and that is when things snowballed - or I should say the disease spread out of control! By the 9th grade I landed a job in a local pet shop. By 12th grade I had worked in three different shops, bought out one that had closed and maintained 60 aquariums. I ran the fish department of another shop right out of high school and left there to open my own shop, at age 20, along with a couple of partners. I sold out to the partners after three years and opened my own "aquarium specialty" shop. I sold that business after eight years. I then worked as a sales rep. for Jim and Nancy White, owners of White's Fish Farm in Ohio, until they shut down in 1997. In 2001 I opened All Oddball Aquatics, a 7,300' facility which housed 600 aquariums that served as a hatchery and retail outlet. I sold that facility in April, 2007 and currently operate All Oddball Aquatics on-line as a mail-order operation. Along with my girlfriend, Regina Spotti, I maintain about 120 aquariums at our home and continue to work with many species of fish - with Corys still my main interest.
I have been active in the Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc. since the mid 70's. At the end of 2007, I finally reached the title of "Grand Master Breeder," spawning more than 400 species of fish - including 51 Corydoradinae species - and accumulating over 4,300 points in the club's Breeders Award Program (BAP) program.
I have judged dozens of fish shows throughout Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania, and have attended hundreds of related events in the United States, Germany and the UK. My highlight in the hobby has been getting to be such good friends with so many great hobbyists throughout the world. I often tell folks I can talk about fish longer than they want to listen about them!