• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Concert for Valor

dogofwar

CCA Members
Who watched (or attended) The Concert for Valor last night.

I thought about joining the crowd but opted to watch from the comfort of the living room.

Favorite and least favorite performances?

I was blown away by the Bruce/Zack Brown/ Dave Grohl "Fortunate Son" CCY cover...

Not sure why Eminem was included (and the Black Keys seemed to be going through the motions).

Anyone else?

Matt

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Who watched (or attended) The Concert for Valor last night.

I thought about joining the crowd but opted to watch from the comfort of the living room.

Favorite and least favorite performances?

I was blown away by the Bruce/Zack Brown/ Dave Grohl "Fortunate Son" CCY cover...

Not sure why Eminem was included (and the Black Keys seemed to be going through the motions).

Anyone else?

Matt

"Fortunate Son" isn't this anti-military? is all I thought as it played.

I usually curse like a sailor but have been really watching my language as my daughter is starting to pick up words.....so I def noticed Eminem's f bombs. But didn't bother me as much as it did others.

Lol Aurhorities gave up on the ppl smoking on federal property. "they had more things to worry about" like ppl jumping the fence to the VIP area

Very good over all. Loved Metallica's set the most.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
"Fortunate Son" is more of an anti-war song (and anti-politicians-who-choose-to-go-to-war-but-ensure that their-lowed-ones-don't). Certainly not anti-military or soldier.

The f-bombs were a bit disconcerting, but overall it was a really great event :)

Anyone else watch?

Matt

"Fortunate Son" isn't this anti-military? is all I thought as it played.

I usually curse like a sailor but have been really watching my language as my daughter is starting to pick up words.....so I def noticed Eminem's f bombs. But didn't bother me as much as it did others.

Lol Aurhorities gave up on the ppl smoking on federal property. "they had more things to worry about" like ppl jumping the fence to the VIP area

Very good over all. Loved Metallica's set the most.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed it, particularly Bruce's acoustic versions of his songs. Probably the best parts of the show were the stories of the veterans and the various charities around to help veterans. Those stories and the charities should be more broadly advertised.

Has anyone seen the Dave Grohl "Sonic Highway" series? Excellent stuff!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yeah - really enjoying "Sonic Highways" as well, especially the Chicago and DC episodes!

Matt

I enjoyed it, particularly Bruce's acoustic versions of his songs. Probably the best parts of the show were the stories of the veterans and the various charities around to help veterans. Those stories and the charities should be more broadly advertised.

Has anyone seen the Dave Grohl "Sonic Highway" series? Excellent stuff!

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Since I started playing guitar 3 years ago I've become fascinated with watching guitar players ply their trade.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will, those You tube videos names must have gotten funkesized. Tried different variations and couldn't get them going.

Currently learning Purple Haze (not ready for the solo,Hendrix), Sunshine of Your Love (Cream, again, minus the solo for now). the song I play best right now is the theme song from True Detective; a song by the Handsomes. Can play that all the way through ('cause there's no solo - LOL). Also messing with a little Santana. I've got about 30-40 songs that I can play through, from simple stuff like Brown Eye'd Girl (Van Morrison, Wipepout (Surfari's, for the old timers - LOL). Would love to find people to jam with.