• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2014 Review

Jay

CCA Members
2014 was the most difficult year in CAS history. For the first time ever total sales failed to grow from the previous year and instead they declined more than a 30%.

This has led to a major change in how I do business:

I am no longer primarily selling fish brought in from Wholesale Farm Sources

Instead I am growing most of my own stock from fry

Many varieties had to be discontinued and more are still being discontinued at large discounts

I no longer am carrying any Lake Tanganyika fish

I am concentrating on Aulonocara Peacocks, a Few Malawi Haplochromis, milder Mbuna, and some Lake Victorians.

Basically, to stay in stock, each fish must sell, spawn or sell fast enough to warrant bringing it in from a wholesaler.

The good news is:

more quantities of the varieties left (including males) as my numbers from spawns grow

Reduced prices on home grown fish vs fish directly from wholesalers

The bad news is:

1. Very few chances for special or or request fish from a wholesaler.

2. Some fish types will be gone for good including some C.A.R.E.S. Fish.

For 2015, I need you help to continue to provide these fish at lower prices for my customers. Please buy fish or Paradigm fish food when ever possible from CAS. Consider buying supplies from my supplies on Amazon.com. Spread the word to your friends who keep fish, about the fish I am able to provide. Please buy special order fish when possible to help me be able to bring in types outside of my core fish and possibly add some better sellers to my core fish down the road. Please do not let Cichlids Are Special become one more fish store that is forced to close.

Thank you for your continued support over the years,

Jay