• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Finally got my dream catfish!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Today I went to beltway just to see if they had any clown loaches left. Unfortunately they where sold out but I found something better. A gulper catfish (asterophysus batrachus). Im super excited, he's already eaten some guppies from my hand -quarentined guppies of course. Pics soon.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Here he is. Sorry for the bad quality pics. He's actually jet black with a bright white stomach. Unfortunately my camera doesnt show it how it looks.
Name suggestions are also welcome:)

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Yah, I've read that they can eat a fish larger than themselves because of there stretchy stomaches. Definitely going to live by himself.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
They are pretty cool cats. I decided to name him chubby since he eats so much. Whenever I feed him at first he seems uninterested but then in an instance he just turns around and swallows whatever I have. His mouth looks so huge when it's open!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Gulper cats 2.0
When I got the pair they had allot of fish lice and would only take feeders. After a few weeks of TLC, they are doing great. Both are lice free, eating cut shrimp, and extremely active. Its pretty entertaining to watch them chase eachother and press their bellies up against the glass waiting for food. If you have a spare 40-75 gallon tank, I'd defenitely recommend getting a few gulpers.
gulper pair 5:08:15.jpg

gulper pair 5:08:15.jpg