• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: double stand for 30L or 40 breeder

zendog

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading a couple 20L tanks and was wondering if anyone had a double stand (even homebuilt if strong) that will hold either a pair of 30L (36X12 footprint) or 40 breeders (36X18). Even better if you have a tank or two to go with it.

Thanks,
Walter

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If you go with the 40 breeder, Edsal shelving from Home Depot is cost effective and efficient. You'll get two double stack stands for under $80.

zendog

If you go with the 40 breeder, Edsal shelving from Home Depot is cost effective and efficient. You'll get two double stack stands for under $80.

You mean like this one?

And I could make 2 stands from one, so that I'd have 4 tanks supported?

For size and simplicity I think I'd still prefer the regular stands, but this seems like a good option.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The verticals on the shelving units are split in half. You can make 2 stands for stacked tanks out of one unit. I set up the other half for another tank in a different part of the house. The unit is easy to put together. The only tricky part is the lower tank has to be put in place before installing the top shelf. The tank fits within the L-shaped posts and cannot be installed from the front, only the top, if that makes sense.

ddavila06

Members
I have an edsall shelving unit, a few years old, was used to hold 5.5s and 20s, i dont have the wood anymore, just the metal frame. Make me an offer and take it, 36x18

20160129_151955.jpg