• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My child bride

OMG, this little a. benga girl is holding.

By way of background, this is one of the fry I stripped (having learned how to strip at AquaMania) who isn't even 3" yet. The baby daddy is fully colored up (well, there are two possibilties in the tank), but neither of the boys are more than 3" at this point. One of these boys has been fully colored up since he was 1". This is a very strange species . . . Jesse has the original parents.

childbride.jpg

daddy.jpg

And all of this is in a 29 gallon tank, along with some s. lucippinis I got from Christine -- who are to blame for all the gravel rearranging! What is WITH those guys???

tank.jpg

neut

Members
Nice male.

I've certainly had peacocks spawn at small sizes. IME in any spawn you can get a small number of super males, color up early, outgrow most of the others and/or have exceptional color, want to spawn at small sizes, etc. I've also had females produce fry when barely over 2 inches, themselves.

neut

Members
...To an extent I think a young super male, ready to spawn, doing all the displays, etc. and with hormones and pheromones to match, can influence females to spawn young also.