• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What should I do with these two not perfect rainbow cichlids?

I"ve got two male rainbow cichlids that I raised somewhat accidentally and abandoned them for a month without realizing they were there. Both are male, about 3" long, coloring up nicely, getting trailers on their fins ------ but due to my early negligence one has a deformed gil and the other is missing part of his top fin. I already have seven perfect (younger) babies from the same parents and I'm running out of room. So, I know I probably should have culled them originally, but I didn't. I could do it now, but that doesn't feel right. Any thoughts? Would anyone want them?

minifoot77

Members
mr reeladdiction has some fish that like smaller fish too or i bag them and put them in the freezer. . .

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

This may sound harsh at first, but think about it. I drop the fish into a running garbage disposal. In a fraction of a second it's dead.

chris_todd

Members
Thanks for that link Cartel, I'll try that the next time I need to put down a fish. Easier for the squeemish than decapitation.

Cartel

Members
Yeah I'll pass on making chum with my fish. Plus you can mix yourself a couple drinks while your at it. You know for the stress and what not ;)

Yeah, I've used clove oil quite successfully although I don't finish with the vodka. I use enough to put them completely to sleep and then put in the freezer.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
THINK OF IT LIKE ORGAN DONATION....YOUR FISH WOULD BE HELPING ANOTHER FISH SURVIVE WHEN IT DIES AND ITS ECO FRIENDLY :D AS OPPOSED TO JUST BEING THROWN AWAY OR BEING PUT TO SLEEP ;).
ITS ALL NATURAL NO CHEMICALS OR OILS NEEDED. ;) ALL OVER IN 30 SECONDS OR LESS WITH NO CLEAN UP OR MESS GUARANTEED. :angel2:

rich_one

Members
THINK OF IT LIKE ORGAN DONATION....YOUR FISH WOULD BE HELPING ANOTHER FISH SURVIVE WHEN IT DIES AND ITS ECO FRIENDLY :D AS OPPOSED TO JUST BEING THROWN AWAY OR BEING PUT TO SLEEP ;).
ITS ALL NATURAL NO CHEMICALS OR OILS NEEDED. ;) ALL OVER IN 30 SECONDS OR LESS WITH NO CLEAN UP OR MESS GUARANTEED. :angel2:
:D Ha ha... it's the cycle of life, in the animal kingdom! Eat, or be eaten! LOL...

-Rich