• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New fish getting picked on.

Ok so I just introduced a 3 inch albino Oscar to my 6 inch jack dempseys new tank. My Jack occasionally tries to bite my Oscars tail. He dosen't spend the whole day chasing him or anything but he does try to bite him whenever they are near each other. I realize that there is a size difference but Oscars grow so fast I figured it would be fine until he gets bigger. I would like advice on weather there is anything I could do to distract my jack from picking with my Oscar. Should I add a dither? Tall plants ? They are in a 6 foot 125 gallon tank and it is just the two of them. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
How long has the JD been in the tank? If it has been more than a day or so, I'd recommend removing all the decorations and reorganizing them significantly different from how they were before. This will allow both fish to stake out territories and hopefully get along better. Offer plenty of sight breaks and hinding spots.

The jack was just moved to that tank two days prior to the introduction of the Oscar. Before the move the jack was in my 60 gallon with his mate, but she died the day after adding her to the 125 gallon :-(

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App