• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Son with health issues loves fish

BroJul

Members
Had a few fish tanks over the years. Successfully bred convicts for a few years. I sold my tanks and moved across the country to MD. Few years without a tank and I was dying to get a tank and start collecting rare colorful cichlids this time around. My son and daughter (twins)were born in 2012 and I started up a 20 gallon tank and filled it with assorted African cichlids from local pet store. This was a tank for the kids(including myself). Well my daughter was born healthy but my son was born with some healthy issues. The condition affected all his muscles in his arms and legs. We've had to do a lot of surgeries and physical therapy. However his favorite thing to do is put his leg braces on and stand and watch the fish. This is great because the more he stands the more he has a chance of walking in the future. So I decided I'd join for me and my son and see what type of cool fish we can find, raise and hopefully bread. I think this would be a hobby he could enjoy all his life. Thanks everyone!

blkmjk

Members
Welcome to the group! What is your current stock? You could get some rainbow cichlids and they would thrive in that setup.

Drew

Rainbow cichlids are a great option. (yes, I know, I'm obsessed with rainbows.)

But they are pretty, not mean and they'll have babies and take care of them and your son will love that.

Acpape0

Members
I have two young children myself a 6 year old daughter. My two year old also takes great pleasure in watching the fish also.
If you are interested in upgrading tanks any time soon, I have a 56 gallon column tank and stand that you can have free of charge for your son ... Just needs to be resealed ... And I am sure some other club member could help with a reseal of the tank

Let me know the offer is open no strings attached

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
Hello, if you are looking for beautiful fish I have some high coverage orange koi angels that I would be happy to donate to your tank for your son. These are my charity angel line, and half of what I make selling them goes to local children's charities. And any child of members of this forum may request a few for free. Let me know if you are interested.

Great testimony. I started this hobby when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. I used to sit and watch fish at Rich_One's house for hours and just get lost in my thoughts. Now she's cancer free and she loves the fish as much as I do. Anything I can do...it's done.