• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Tn

jag14

Members
Hi, everyone.

I live in Knoxville Tn. I have been keeping central and south american cichlids off and on for at least 20 years. I am now down to 2 tanks, one is a 30 gallon with a pair of Jewel cichlids, I refer to them as my "Twin Killers" because they have killed anything I put in with them. So far they have gone through the other 2 jewels they started out with, 3 convicts and a channel cat.
My other tank is 75 with a Jaguar hybrid, not sure what his other half is. Another website tentatively id him as possible dovii mix. He is 14 inches going on 15. "Jag" is my big boy with an attitude.
I would like to get in contact with other fishkeepers in my area, I know that they are out there. The local fish club I joined has no activity at all.
Anyway, I hope to find other fish nuts like myself that understand the challenges of raising these beautiful creatures. They may have have attitude, but they have the personality to go with it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Stephanie - welcome to the forum!

Have you tried Monsterfishkeepers.com?

This is the forum for the Capital Cichlid Association and most of us are from the Maryland area...

Matt

jag14

Members
I am also on Monster Fish Keepers and ACA website. Spotted this while playing around on MFK. I just logged on after being away for a week or so. Found out about the lawsuit from Monster Energy drinks. Stupid of them to do so, I think. No relation between MFK and a drink company at all.

jag14

Members
I have some nice pics of my fish, but this computer at work won't let me upload anything. I'm surprised sometimes that it even lets me on sites like this.

jag14

Members
Fish aren't the easiest subjects to photograph, but I have years of practice at it. I have photos going back to my first 55 tank 20 years ago. My current 2 tanks are actually about that old. Still in good shape.

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the forum - was in Knoxville just a few weeks ago - have friends who I just helped move to Dandridge - great area.

jag14

Members
This is a nice place to live. I have been all over the country as an Air Force brat. This is where we settled after my dad retired from the Air Force. Nice scenery here and an easy drive to the Smoky Mountains. Not a lot of choice for fish, though. There are only 2 decent fish stores here. Not near as much variety I'd like to see. Not that I could keep all the ones I'd want to. I could never have enough tanks to raise everything I'd like to try. My big Jag hybrid is enough for now. He is the monster size fish that I have always wanted to have. Dandridge is kind of up the road from where I live. I live a few exits away from there.