• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MonsterAquariaNetwork and Li need your help!!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
MFK and all of MAN need your help!

Recently, we received a notice that we are being sued for breach of copyright and were given a cease and desist letter for both the word Monster and our logo, the monster M, despite the fact that the trademarks have been registered since 2005. Please take a minute to visit the blog that has been started and read to find out what you can do to help.

Li is a long time club member and has always been a huge personal supporter of CCA. He needs us now.

As you know, Li (neoprodigy) is also a massive supporter of the hobby, from donating funds and supplies to conventions to maintaining our series of free networks for fishkeepers of all kinds all over the world. His influence and support of the hobby should be legendary, and he has always maintained his sites at no cost to our members.

The network does not have the money for a lengthy legal battle and the future of the forums could be at risk. I would like to thank any of you that take the time to send emails, phone calls, or letters in our defense.

To reiterate, additional information and explanation can be found on the blog that has been set up at the following address: http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

The contact information for reaching the Monster Energy Corporation is listed below:

Monster Energy Corporation Contact Information
Address:
Monster Beverage Corporation
Attention: Consumer Relations
550 Monica Circle Suite 201
Corona, CA 92880

Phone:
1-800-426-7367

Email:
info@monsterbevcorp.com

http://monsterbevcorp.com/contact.php

Monster Energy Company

Address:
550 Monica Circle, Suite 201
Corona, CA 92880

Phone:
866-322-4466 Ext. 585

http://www.monsterenergy.com/us/en/h...ages%3Acontact

Monster Energy Corporation Brands

Monster Energy
Hansens Natural
Peace Tea
Worx Energy
Blue Sky

Please join us in a total boycott of all their products and make your voice heard through letters, emails, or phone calls. We know that our fellow fish heads will come to our support and help us win this battle.

turfboss

Members
Everyone needs to send e-mails to Monster Brands pointing out they sell beverages we feed fish and we don't drink the fish water - not likely that we will ever confuse the two companies and their products - networking, fish keeping, aquatic photography versus dirt bikes, sports, bands and retail consumer soft drinks. Letting them know that we will boycott their consumer products (1000's of us from the CCA and MFK forum) as well as getting other fish forums - ECC, etc - to post about this issue and get those folks to send e-mails as well should let them know they are fighting a battle which will cost them consumer $$.

Makes no difference whether you currently use any of their products - tell them you intend to never buy one going forward if they continue to pursue this specious "cease and desist" order as well as any potential lawsuit and suggest they should focus on selling their own products and leave the fish keeping world to us.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'm in. I never have used their product anyway. Li doesn't deserve this no way, no how.

I agree that this is ridiculous as a fish forum is in no conflict with a beverage. Regardless, this is not an attack on Li. It's business ... bad business, but still business and not personal.

Sent from my DROIDX

fischfan13

Banned
Everyone needs to send e-mails to Monster Brands pointing out they sell beverages we feed fish and we don't drink the fish water - not likely that we will ever confuse the two companies and their products - networking, fish keeping, aquatic photography versus dirt bikes, sports, bands and retail consumer soft drinks. Letting them know that we will boycott their consumer products (1000's of us from the CCA and MFK forum) as well as getting other fish forums - ECC, etc - to post about this issue and get those folks to send e-mails as well should let them know they are fighting a battle which will cost them consumer $$.

EastCoastCichlids.org has had members sending emails as early as Sunday morning (7/15). Posts have been made on both the ECC Forum and Facebook Page to encourage members to back Monster Aquaria Network, Monsterfishkeepers.com and Li.

Bill

chriscoli

Administrator
Li, have you set up a legal defense fund? If not, you might want to set one up so that people can contribute if they want to.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Li you have my support. I have sent them emails as well as I'm posting this on fb to help out as well. Remember people $ is what gets and keeps they're attention so let's really get the boycott rolling. Li you have done so much for the BENEFIT of others and the hobby. I hope we can gain enough support to help you win this.

Rasta Fish

Members
I also sent my father in law an email asking if he would be willing to help. Nationally known patent lawyer, crossing fingers.
Very nice any help would be welcome
Already sign the petition and passing the word around.
This sucks !

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
MONSTER FISH KEEPERS UNDER ATTACK!
Monster Fish Keepers is being attacked by a corporate bully. Monster Energy drink says they can’t use the word Monster or the letter M. In fact they can’t use the color green or black.
What? Are they going after other M’s? Did they sue the makers of M & M’s? Are they attacking McDonalds? Okay, how about the Monster Fish TV show? How about Monster Cable or Monster.com the job company? No they have too much money. Let’s pick on the little guy and then tell them they can use it if they pay lawyer costs.
Is my Grandson going to be sued because he says there is a Monster under his bed?
Do I need to take the M out of my Son’s name?
The emblem for MFK and Monster Energy are nothing alike. Well they are both M’s but that’s it.
I am sure many people will confuse an online tropical fish forum with an energy drink.
This is not the first time that they have done this. They went after a beer company and backed down after the public started boycotting their products.
Boycott Monster Energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!